Who You'll Work With
Do you have a passion for collecting, managing and analyzing data? Are you curious about the story data plays in understanding the impact of organizational change and the employee experience? If this sounds like an opportunity where you would thrive, the Human Resources Mergers and Acquisition (HR M&A) team has an opening for an experienced Data Analyst.
- You will collaborate with Cisco cross functional team members as well as other members of the Human Resources team to ensure that our acquired employee data is collected, handled and evaluated using best in class data handling protocol. You will handle the data for the employee onboarding experience as well as ensure deal partners receive accurate and reliable data which they can use to accomplish their work on time and with confidence.
- In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected and providing the acquired employee with a smooth and consistent experience as they transition to the Cisco team.
- You will be part of a team that genuinely cares about the employee experience and enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our acquired communities. Come prepared to be supported and inspired.
The HR M&A Data Analyst plays a critical role in filling cross functional stakeholder data requirements in a fast paced, often changing environment, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collecting, managing, analyzing, and interpreting data
- Providing real time data requirements to downstream processes and tools
- Onboarding employees into Cisco's HR systems from the newly acquired firm
- Analyzing results and understanding implications
- Using validation and audit methodology to ensure accuracy and data controls
- Creating reports, logical graphical representation of data, and spreadsheets
- Creating, maintaining, and updating process flows and procedures
- Writing comprehensive reports
- Using strong verbal and written communication skills
- An analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving
- Maintaining a high attention to detail
- Maintaining the highest level of confidentiality
- Communicating with team members and other stakeholders in a cross-functional team
Who you are:
- BA/BS; preferred
- 5+ years of data management experience and at least 2 years of data analysis experience a plus
- Experience providing data driven recommendations, enabling business insights, analyzing complex data sets, creating executive ready data visualizations and telling story with data
- Previous experience working with HR metrics, Oracle and Workday a plus
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Experience with data analytics and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau) a plus
- You have excellent time management, organizational, and planning skills and are able to shift priorities in a highly dynamic environment
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colourful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.