Location:St Leonards, NSW, Australia
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You'll Do
Cisco's CX TAC Centres are teams of extraordinary technical experts whose #1 focus is to help customers across the globe deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Our success is validated through excellent financial results, increasing customer satisfaction metrics, industry recognition, and employee satisfaction scores. CX TAC Centres are aligned across to the globe and together we form an awesome team. Our ability to partner with customers in solving their toughest networking challenges is what sets us apart in the industry and keeps customers coming back to Cisco. As digitization shapes our future, we lead with innovation, embrace change, and believe the customer experience is paramount to our success.
As a Technical Consulting Engineer in our world-class team you will gain hands-on experience and the ability to earn industry-leading certifications. You'll have access to CX Labs with over $1.7Bn in Cisco assets and you'll use this equipment to stay up to date on cutting-edge innovations and understand what makes them tick.
You will be a strategic partner to our customers, saving their business from the impact of network incidents, solving and preventing the recurrence of technical issues. You will solve our customers' toughest problems, ensuring that our customers get expected business outcomes, providing a superior customer experience. You will also receive extensive training and development in both technical and leadership/customer skill areas.
Who you will work with
You will work directly with our partners and customers providing second/third level technical support. You will also work with some of the industry's brightest minds who will help challenge and develop your skills. You will collaborate with industry experts, who value your ideas and perspective on how to get things done. You will also partner with internal engineering departments and product organizations in providing resolution to complex problems with diverse scope.
Who you are
- You are passionate about networking, information technology or computer science and keen to learn new technologies
- You are committed and passionate for customer success
- You hold strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to troubleshoot technical problems and fault isolation
- You have the ability to multi-task, self-start, work in a fast-paced team environment and work independently
- You hold innate crisis management skills and ability to handle critical customer issues/problems
- You can act as a focal point for large account network problem resolution and works on problems of diverse scope, interacting with other engineers across the globe to resolve the issue
- You have strong people skills, the ability to collaborate effectively with customers and other internal teams
- You are fluent in English (verbal and written)
- You have experience in one or more of the following areas:
Basic and Advanced switching skills.
- VLAN, NATIVE VLAN concepts
- STP, RSTP, MSTP
- STP Enhancement features
- TRUNKING, ACCESS
- Know any one routing protocols such as OSPF, EIGRP, BGP
- Inter-VLAN routing
- Router redundancy protocols such as HSRP, VRRP, GLBP
- Knowledge on any Packet capture analysis tool such as Wireshark.
- have a platform level knowledge of at least one hardware switch/router.
- Basic multicast L2 and L3.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.”