Seeking a qualified Senior Wintel Engineer that can support and has expertise with VMware, Windows server administration, active directory, and systems engineering. Candidate should be adept with using various technologies such as scripting, Azure, 0365, AWS and other solutions designed to transform infrastructure, as well as have keen knowledge in cyber security standards and vulnerability management.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Configure and manage Windows operating systems and install/load operating system software, troubleshoots and maintains system integrity along with implementing enhancements to improve reliability and performance
• Provide NIST, DFARS, STIGs and CIS L1/L2 security configuration and implementation compliance and integrate security solutions into information systems
• Administrate and maintain Active Directory (AD) environment, OUs and Group Policy to configure and apply security requirements and settings to systems, and evaluate new solutions prior to deployment to production environments
• Diagnose and correct AD, server, application and connectivity issues in a diverse environment comprising of Dell and HP hardware platforms and Cisco VMware virtual servers
• Facilitate the development of system integration strategies and architecture that promote use of cloud solutions and technology, such as Azure and O365, to support the transition legacy business applications and systems
• Provide support for Enterprise Incident Management reporting, escalation and resolution, and subsequent troubleshooting and root-cause analysis
• Provide technical analysis of the Windows environment and develop and support the installation of security and vulnerability patch deployments
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• U.S. Citizenship required, per Federal stipulation
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university or 10 years’ experience as a Windows System Administrator
• Microsoft Certs such as an MCSA 2019, 2016 and 2012 or MCITP preferred
• Experience managing local servers and virtual machines (AWS, MASH, and private clouds)
• Experience maintaining server certificates (public and private key infrastructure)
• Fluency in scripting languages such as PowerShell
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.