T1 Infrastructure Enterprise Architect
The Enterprise Architect has responsibilities to develop and deliver comprehensive systems, secured solutions and the supporting infrastructure required in a combination of business sectors and technical domains. The incumbent evaluates business goals, provides assessments, sets direction, conceives systems architectures and designs, develops proposals and provides consulting. He/She is accountable for independent recommendations and decisions affecting a broad range of enterprise architectures and business applications together with the enabling Information Technology and the corporate infrastructure to provide it.
The Enterprise Architect performs research, originates and develops integrated processes and system architectures to meet the Client’s information needs and contributes directly to the Client’s success in expanded market opportunities, increased revenue, reduced cost and more effective use of resources. Furthermore, the Enterprise Architect will also provide guidance and expertise for the implementation of security controls for IT systems, assist in the development of a Security Architecture and participate in the design of proposed conceptual solutions.
For this role, having a background in Enterprise Infrastructures is necessary as part of the accountability of this role will be to oversee the mid-long term roadmap for the Client’s centralized infrastructures.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Understand and evaluate the underlying business goals of the Client
- Provide an effective high level assessment of the costs, benefits and risks to develop and deliver total solutions
- Develop plans to migrate from the existing infrastructure base to the target architecture
- Evaluate and determine the right balance of existing vs. emerging technologies while applying cyber security best practices
- Work with the Enterprise Architecture and Security groups to apply standards, guidelines and policies within the program
- Develop and present sell proposals to the Client’s senior management and technical staff
- Evaluate technology opportunities for new Customer product offerings and recommend to Clients the business/technology potential.
- Liaise with all the groups in CGI (Operations & Delivery) in the formulation of technology and architecture plans to ensure that they are comprehensive
- Evaluate and determine the opportunity to add or remove technologies, methodologies and tools for use by CGI
- Provide leadership and knowledge transfer to project teams and focused groups in the use of technologies, methodologies and development tools
- Provide advice and direction to CGI’s senior managers for technical training and the curriculum necessary to develop staff to effectively use the selected technologies, methodologies and development tools
- Developing and facilitating the development of architectural roadmaps with client stakeholders covering business transformation, enterprise technology, applications (business applications, end user computing software), infrastructure (data centre servers, end user computing devices, storage, Cloud). Include IT security designs in the roadmaps, to mitigate the client’s strategic cybersecurity risks.
- Promote and facilitate the effective sharing of architecture knowledge and best practices
- Promote the CGI “architecture brand” through active participation in industry and technology conferences, user groups, and professional organizations
- Assisting CGI Engagement Manager and Program Managers in conducting quality assurance / reviews of deliverables of the Technology Solutions team and its work programs
- Through leadership and coordination, the incumbent is required to provide direction and coaching to Senior Architects, Senior Technical Consultants as well as Managing Consultants and partner organizations or other 3rd Party organizations as appropriate in the completion of their work
- Possess The ability to analyze, define, design and propose solutions to business problems at the highest level of complexity or in areas calling for significantly innovative approaches
- Have the Knowledge and the ability to deal with a broad range of old and new technologies with the skills to recognize and exploit the advantages of both
- Have The ability to advise and recommend ways to plan, organize and provide technical control for manpower, time and computing resources required in the development of system solutions
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science or Business (Information Systems) or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience in: Public Sector or Telecommunication related industries
- Possess broad range of technical knowledge (e.g. applications, enterprise technology, infrastructure, and telecommunications) and systems development life cycle experience in multiple platforms.
- Experience and ability in exercising a lead role in the conceptualization of business / technology initiatives (e.g. proof of concept).
- Proven track record of driving and leading large-scale architectural projects throughout an entire business through to completion
- Experience building enterprise architecture roadmaps.
- Knowledge of IT Quality Assurance processes
- Knowledge of cybersecurity best practices
- Experience within Solution Design & Architecture
- Robust knowledge within Security Architecture
- Experience working within mobile, cloud and infrastructure solutions environments
- Knowledge of the Security best practices across the Infrastructure and Application Architecture landscape
- Awareness and exposure to new digital technology trends such as Hybrid Cloud technologies & containers, Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, Robotic Process Automation, Internet of Things, modern application development methodologies etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience leading solution development on large complex proposals
- Experience in reviewing and selecting Technical and Applications Architectures solutions
- Ability to exercise strategic thinking along with problem solving skills in managing complex situations.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.