Sr Business Analyst/Technical Writer
CGI Federal has an opening for a Business Analyst that has strong writing skills, or a Technical Writer that has technical skills (SQL, user stories, process flows, data flows, SDLC documentation). This individual will be responsible for creating technical documents and manuals, explaining complex information in a clear and concise manner, and working with developers and data scientists to ensure accuracy of document content.
This position is located in Woodlawn, MD.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Plan, develop, organize, write and edit operational procedures and manuals and create templates if none are provided by the organization
• Research, develop and document technical design, requirements and test documents
• Maintain a comprehensive list of acronyms to be used in documentation, analyze documents to maintain continuity of style and content and manage updates and revisions to technical documents
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of experience
• Agile experience required: VersionOne or similar tool, Kanban, developing user stories
• Experience with Visio
• Ability to write in explanatory and procedural styles for technical and non-technical audiences and be skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
• Develop user stories, process flows, templates, capture meeting minutes/notes and distributes electronically as required.
• Document systems and processes - ability to work well with a team of application developers including the ability to take content provided by the technical team and build customer-ready documents around the content.
• Ability to document technical software systems, including Data Analytics
Strong proficiency with MS Office applications, have excellent grammar skills and a strong attention to detail.
• Ability to help test software systems and perform testing
• Some familiarity with Section 508 Compliance for documents - desired
• The ability to develop SQL queries is highly desirable
• The ability to understand .Net software is highly desirable, but not required.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· Technical Writing
· Business Analysis
· Technical Analysis