CGI is one of the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Federal Member, you have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 77,000 members strong.
CGI Federal has an exciting opportunity for a Security Engineer for our CDM DEFEND program. The Security Engineer works as part of small team delivering continuous monitoring and cybersecurity capabilities to multiple small agencies from a shared services solution. This role provides the opportunity to continuously learn new technologies, work with multiple Federal clients and work with a cross-functional team of subject matter experts.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Responsible for understanding the technical configuration of multiple Federal agencies and leading the Agency integration into a cloud-based shared services platform. Will require establishing, troubleshooting and maintaining a secure communication path from the agency to the FEDRAMP High solution.
• Configure security products for each agency, including vulnerability scanners, endpoint protection tools, firewall, VPN and network access control.
• Work closely with a small team to meet each Agency’s integration goals as part of a matrixed team of SMEs supporting each of the security tools or capabilities.
• Assist in the maintenance of technical documentation of each Agency’s architecture and configurations.
• Assist the agencies in understanding and implementing continuous monitoring.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
• 3-5+ years of experience.
• Experience with industry leading security technologies such as vulnerability scanners (Qualys, Tenable), endpoint protection (McAfee, Carbon Black) and identity management tools (SailPoint, CyberArk).
• Ability to work with highly technical teams across diverse technical disciplines (development, engineering, documentation, policies, etc.),
• Experience with firewall configuration, including Palo Alto next-generation firewall (NGFW).
• Experience troubleshooting communications paths.
• Ability to establish working relations at all organizational levels and demonstrate ability to diplomatically and effectively deal with government officials and program office stakeholders.
• Self-motivator with ability to work as part of a team or independently with little supervision or direction.
• Ability and desire to learn new technologies.
• Ability to balance and prioritize many diverse tasks at once.
• Familiarity with Federal Trusted Internet Connection (TIC) policies and configurations.
• CISSP or other security certification.
• Agile, especially SAFe.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.