Release Train Engineer (RTE)
CGI is seeking a Release Train Engineer (RTE) to support and coach an Agile Release Train (ART) by steering it to success and navigating the complexity of delivering software in large, cross-functional environments. The RTE should resolve and escalate impediments, manage risk, help assure value delivery, and drive program level continuous improvement. The RTE is accountable for the overall planning, coordination, execution, and delivery of value through the program.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Facilitate the coordinated preparation and execution of release planning for the ART. This includes:
• Working with the ART team who prioritizes the features to be considered in the next program increment (PI) planning cycle.
• Facilitating the ART team’s refinement of features to be considered in the next PI planning cycle to meet the Feature Definition of Ready.
• Assists the ART in communication and coordination with stakeholders and customers during feature definition and delivery.
• Ensuring effective communication and coordination for and during PI planning.
• Managing change to the ART’s PI plan and the impacts of those changes.
• Drive cross team, ART, and departmental impediments, planning, collaboration, and coordination.
• Provide regular and open communication across the program and stakeholders for transparency and awareness of progress and impediments.
• Understand, visualize and manage upstream/downstream dependencies.
• Drive delivery and continuous improvement by utilizing feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc.) to identify areas of opportunity.
• Work across stakeholders and teams to continuously improve.
• Assist with program budgets by providing ROM estimates.
• Manage program level coordination, such as creating timelines, milestones, and cadence of increments and releases and oversee the development of reports and analyses that document program activity.
• Lead project teams and provide and leadership; act as consultant/coach to management in resolving unusually difficult problems.
• Participate with management and cross-functional teams as subject matter expert to develop and improve operating policies and procedures related to Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and be an advocate in adopting Agile and SAFe best practices and processes.
• Act as a galvanizing force for sharing Agile and SAFe knowledge across the organization.
• Constantly refine and stay current with emerging themes in larger Agile community.
• Develop / modify processes, policies, and procedures to facilitate the working relationship between CGI and its clients.
• Support the configuration of SAFe to the needs of the organization, standardizing and documenting practices.
• Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 8-10 years progressive work related experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines / technologies / processes related to the position as well as 3-5 years managing teams and / or significant complex projects.
• Proven, prior experience as Release Train Engineer for long lived value streams and Products.
• Demonstrated Release Train Engineer experience in organizing, planning and executing large-scale projects from conception through implementation. Experience coordinating multiple teams in a technology environment.
• Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing and explaining technical and project related information to clients, vendors, senior management and staff.
• Ability to easily build new relationships and proactively establish a variety of contacts across the organization.
• Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural teams.
• Proven ability to balance concurrent activities.
• Strong knowledge and experience in software development in an Agile environment.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· Rel Train Eng/Sol Train Eng