Product Designer UI/ UX
CGI, one of the largest IT and business consulting services firms globally, is at the forefront of transforming digital experiences. Through practical and strategic innovations, we’re helping drive value and greater efficiencies into commercial and government organizations around the world.
We’re growing our team and are looking to establish a center of excellence to deliver the best in class service to our many different clients.
Your future duties and responsibilities
In this role, you will
• Conceptualize, design, and deliver online banking experiences across multiple platforms
• Work side by side with customers, product managers, developers, and fellow designers to provide the best design forward
• Balance business goals, customer needs, and technological capabilities to create solutions that are scalable and future-proofed
• Create UI designs from sketch to delivery, iterating based on user research and feedback loops
• Rapidly prototype ideas in order to share concepts and learn from users
• Produce UX and visual design deliverables, including user flows, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and final creative assets
• Communicate design rationale, user experience issues, and user-centered design practices
• Contribute to planning and conducting usability testing and other user research
• Translate customer data and insights into design decisions, improvements, and opportunities
• Implement existing design patterns, style guides, and accessibility guidelines, while contributing to their continuous improvement Qualifications
• Provide design thinking industry best practices
• Mentor, Grow and Establish a Design COE providing financial best practices across the industry
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Degree in Computer Science, Interaction Design, or Graphic Design or other relevant education
• Minimum of 5 - 7 years' digital design experience and/3+ years of relevant experience bringing digital products to life; financial services industry experience
• Expertise in either visual design or interaction design, plus experience and continued growth in the other discipline
• In-depth knowledge of UX/UI principles and best practices, user-centered design, and design thinking
• Experience working across the project life cycle, within cross-functional teams, and using lean/agile design practices
• Proficient with design software such as Sketch, Axure, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, etc.
• Collaborative, team player with strong communication and presentation skills
• Ability to work independently and on teams in matrix environments
• Ability to set and manage client expectations
• Flexibility, adaptability, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
• Familiar with capabilities of front end technologies (HTML,CSS, Java Script)
• Opportunities to do challenging work with exposure to different Banking & Financial Services projects
• Flexible work/life balance
• Comprehensive programs and benefits that include competitive compensation, flexible health and savings plans, share purchase plan, discounted gym memberships, and more
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
· Agile Service Design
· Communication (Oral/Written)
· Financial Services Regulators
· UI Funct. Design & Proto./CU