Product Assurance Engineer
With over 40 years in the industry, CGI Space is a rapidly growing business with exciting projects and prospects across the Navigation, Earth Observation, Satcoms and Spacecraft Operations domains. We are seeking to expand our team of professionals with opportunities at a variety of levels to service our clients' needs and to explore and implement new business opportunities in Space.
Our Secure Space and Navigation systems business area require Product Assurance Leads and Engineers with experience in project or technical delivery. The successful candidates will have a solid understanding for the need for assurance to industry and programme standards to support new developments.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Required tasks will depend on the level and area of experience, but will be primarily focussed on working with the current PA team and project managers to assist with Project Assurance. This includes, but is not limited to, aspects of Product Assurance, Quality and Mission Dependability (RAMS) as defined by applicable documents and standards. Candidates will need to interface with the higher company management and client functions to fulfil the required tasks. The assurance roles extend to cover the full delivery lifecycle, including hardware and software deployment.
The aim is to provide the optimum level of Product Assurance support that is consistent with the PA, safety and applicable software standards requirements of the projects and programme. This is to be achieved by pro-active involvement in the definition, agreement, implementation, and monitoring of project specific procedures and processes. This will provide assurance and evidence that the development and maintenance teams maintain an orderly and disciplined approach to their work in line with defined processes. The ideal candidate will have a background in assurance and be able to demonstrate familiarity and adherence to appropriate procedures. The candidate should be comfortable and ideally have prior experience in handling classified material.
Additional objectives include:
- to support the implementation and administration of the Product Assurance (PA) programme, across multiple projects;
- to continually enhance the Product Assurance processes, in-line with the applicable requirements and standards;
- to interface with the client and then implement new Product Assurance processes, in-line with new or changed requirements and standards;
- to support the goals of on-time and on-budget project delivery according to formal milestones;
- to ensure that the PA activities are planned, documented and controlled in such a manner that all contractual requirements are satisfied in an appropriate and cost-effective manner.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Experience of working in a secure project environment working to high standards;
- Experience of Space and/or Defence programme life cycles;
- Any previous knowledge of Galileo, ESA, DO-178 and/or Software Assurance Standards;
- An appreciation of the development and verification complexities and activities for European Space Agency (ESA) or High Integrity projects;
- An appreciation of client expectation, in order to pro-actively support projects with assurance requirements;
- An eye for the detail with experience of working to precise procedures following a methodical approach;
- Experience of managing Product Assurance, Quality or Delivery of subcontractors.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.