Jr. Data Scientist
• This position is on a small and nimble Digital Metrics & Analytics team that provides custom digital metrics to our Business Partners. This industry leading dashboard plays a critical role in helping manage our new Digital business and ensuring success for our firm.
• The dashboard provides measures for customer sales, migration of transactions from analog (paper, call center) to our digital channels and measures improvements in our customer experience through digital completion rates.
• The candidate will be responsible for Quality Assurance and testing of the dashboard, utilizing prescribed testing practices and tools.
• In addition, the successful candidate, working with business and IT leaders will participate in systems design, analysis, solution definition, data provisioning, documentation of enhancements and new capabilities of the dashboard.
• The dashboard team operates in a fast paced agile environment, is adept at solutioning with minimal documentation available and operates without role boundaries.
Must be based on Boston, MA and no remote work.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Develop and implement analytics enabled solutions to improve business process, generate insights, support business goals, and develop strategy.
• Develop KPI, metrics, trending tracking, prediction and forecasting models.
• Own and deliver complete predictive modeling projects of moderate scope and manage assigned tasks on more complex predictive modeling projects.
• Analyze large data sets and prepare data for predictive modeling.
• Apply models and methods such as classification and regressions (Linear, Logit, Multinomial Logit, Poisson, Proportional Odds, Lasso, Ridge), decision Trees, clustering (Traditional, Bagged, Hierarchical), Random Forest, GBM, SVD, SVM, and text Mining etc. to solve business problems ranging from Marketing, Finance, Operations, Risk or Strategy domains across all the organizations geographies and divisions.
• Demonstrate shared value through the operationalization of algorithms into a business process.
• Communicate results of cases of moderate complexity to business partners and recommend solutions to more senior data scientists.
• Generate visualizations using tools like Tableau to provide business insights.
• Analyze multi-channel data for behavior and sentiment analysis. Create journey maps.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Master's degree in any field with relevant experience in database management, Python, and business intelligence data mining and 1 year of experience with business operations in the financial services or insurance industry; Or Bachelor's degree in any field with relevant experience in database management, Python, and business intelligence data mining and 3 years of experience with business operations in the financial services and life insurance industry.
• Strong Analytical skills with excellent communication skills
EXPERIENCE MUST INCLUDE:
• 1-2 years of experience with machine learning / predictive modeling including regression, decision trees, clustering, random forests, and generalized linear models.
• 1-2 years of experience with analysis (e.g. R, SAS) packages and programming languages (e.g. Python/R) skills
• 1-2 years of experience with large data sets and big data platforms, SQL, no-SQL data sources, Hadoop, and other methods for manipulating relational/non-relational databases
• 1-2 years of experience with visualization tools such as Tableau, Alteryx, SQL etc. for creating dashboards and delivering insights using visualization tools.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· Data Analysis
· SAS Cert Predictive Modeler
· Analytical Thinking