Java Spring Developer
CGI is hiring Multiple Java Spring Developers for an exciting new Retail Banking Modernization Project in Pittsburgh PA.
As a Java Spring Developer, you should have 5 to 8 years of experience with a superior software development background and able to facilitate, design, and develop technical solutions for existing Java applications and processes. You will interact with Lead Developers, System Analysts, Business Users, Architects, Test Analysts, Project Managers and peer developers to analyze system requirements, design and develop software solutions and enhancements. You will construct technical solutions and supporting deliverables to enable the client to accomplish its business objectives, including the migration from coupled monoliths to a resilient, elastic, event-driven architecture of decoupled Microservices and MicroApps.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• You will provide expert level IT technical services and technical expertise in systems, technical infrastructure, tools, modeling, external interfaces, and other technical areas.
• You will be responsible for sound and high quality technical deliverables.
• Analyze, quantify and estimate the amount of work for every sprint or release.
• Work in an Agile environment and adapt to the changing needs and requirements of the business.
• Code with least bugs and incorporating the best practices.
• You will complete complex development, design, implementation, architecture design specification, and maintenance activities.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Experience with Agile Methodology and Gitflow
• Good communication skills. Team Oriented and can work independently.
Must Have Technical Skills:
• 5-8 years of overall experience primarily designing and developing Java based applications
• 5+ years in Java with Spring.
• Spring Boot and Spring Boot Applications
• Hands-on experience on business process development and/or Integration with system tools.
Good to have Skills:
• Test Driven Development (JUnit / Spock)
• Kafka and Event Streaming Architectures
• Docker / Kubernetes / OpenShift
• Maven / Gradle / Git / Jira
Education: BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, related IT field or equivalent combination of experience and education
What CGI Offers:
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our benefits package includes multiple medical, dental, & vision options, both a Shared Purchase Plan (SPP) for CGI stocks and a 401(k) plan, as well as numerous other life style benefits. CGI also provides sick leave and vacation pay.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· Java Enterprise Editions JEE