CGI is seeking accomplished Java/Cloud Architect to join our Commercial Lending Group and support its Digitization/transformation programs for one of our financial services clients
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Provide strategic consultation to business customers in defining or designing business processes, functions and organizational structures, as well as in researching, identifying and internally marketing enabling technologies based on customer capability requirements.
• Facilitate development of enterprise business solutions that combine knowledge of particular business processes and issues, general technological options, and process facilitation techniques.
• Specify and design large or complex systems, solutions, networks, infrastructure elements, or processes.
• Provide leadership and mentoring in the areas of expertise and architecture to their peers, developers, management and business users including technical expertise, coaching, and ad-hoc training.
• Leverages technical knowledge and industry experience to design, architect and maintain technology, solutions
• Leverages strong expertise on Java, Spring Boot, Micro services ApI, i Cloud, DevOps to Define, ,implement architecture and for performance tuning.
• Partners with business and , technology teams to define strategy and roadmap for client applications/systems. Takes bottom line on Application design and Architecture and engages with business teams and users to identify and prioritize requirements.
• Engages with clients Enterprise Architecture team to design and Architect, systems and defines standards and guidelines to be followed by development team for initiatives and projects.
• Identifies and guides in development of software components and hardware for new and emerging technology projects
• Provides technical guidance and consultation on critical, common issues and best practices to team members.
• Provides a systematic analysis on client requirements within the traceability framework and resolves any functional problems encountered.
• Ensures quality of project deliverables while maintaining compliance with relevant standards and processes.
• Provide solutions to the new applications and initiatives in Commercial Lending Space
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Experienced in building enterprise architecture frameworks, standards and principals.
• JAVA Technology Architecture and software development experience with and understanding of a modern technology stack
• Maintain an in-depth knowledge of specific technical aspects in area of expertise and provides expert advice regarding their application. The area of specific expertise may be any aspect of information or communication technology, technique, method, process, product, or application area.
• Experience of DevOps and Agile development methods - also Waterfall delivery in a large-scale Program Delivery environment.
• Leadership of junior architects designing individual components of a solution.
• Demonstrable medium scale people management (including 3rd party offshore personnel) and community building experience.
• Experience advising clients and delivering architecture roadmaps and digital platform designs
• Communicate effectively will all levels of organization.
• Experience in engaging with clients Enterprise Architecture team to design and Architect, systems and defines standards and guidelines to be followed by development team for initiatives and projects.
• Experience in providing technical guidance and consultation on critical, common issues and best practices to team members.
• Experience in providing solutions to the new applications and initiatives in Commercial Lending Space
• Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· Cloud Computing