Solution Architect - Infrastructure
Now, more than ever we are ensuring the continuity of critical services that matter and we are still recruiting during these challenging times.
If you love finding innovative solutions to improve complex systems, there’s a digital revolution underway in the UK, and it needs your help.
From public service transformation to cutting-edge commercial projects, our work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you access to our share scheme (3% + 3% matching) making you a member not just an employee. You also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme.
As for the future? We work as one team, and are a Top 100 employer. Be a successful part of our story and we’ll support you in taking your career anywhere you want it to go.
Our roles are only available if you hold or fulfil the criteria to obtain a UK Security Clearance.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Managing Common stacks for enterprise hardware:
• Delivery of infrastructure and network solutions
• Contributing to bid proposals in terms of estimation and documentation
• Knowledge of the creation of solution architectures across multiple business domains
• Network design
• Security architecture
• Design of storage solutions
• Designing or implementing disaster recovery and high availability solutions
• System sizing
• Good understanding and/or experience of virtualization
• Knowledge or experience of containerization.
• Implementing (rolling out or refresh/upgrade) back-end server systems
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Formal architectural qualifications such as TOGAF / Archimate
• Working within a technology rich environment
• An understanding of DevOps processes, automated deployment and cloud architectures
• Demonstrable solution architecture experience within enterprise environments
• Understanding of infrastructure and network technologies and architectures
• Track record of working in a pre-sales environment supporting sales teams
• An appreciation or requirements management, capability and benefit driven design approach
• An appreciation of software development lifecycles; Waterfall, Scrum, Agile and Test Driven Delivery
• Knowledge of working in the Government, Space, Defence or National Security domains covering Tactical, Operational, Strategic and Back Office environments
Our projects are based in a CGI office or client site but may require travel to other locations.
The successful candidate must be able to spend time working away from home, if required.
Please note; in some instances we will expect to see the recruitment process lengthened, with interviewing and hiring taking place at a later date. Please be assured that if you apply for this role, your interest will be registered and we will be in touch soon to discuss your application further.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.