CGI has an immediate need for an ETL Developer to join our financial services team in Herndon, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
Looking for a ETL Developer to help with data loading from existing GL database and other sources into a data lake. Set up reports and analytical sandboxes to generate reports etc.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Management Information Systems preferred
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Working knowledge/conceptual understanding of AWS/Cloud based managed services such as S3,Lambda, EMR, RedShift etc. is considered essential
• Strong programming skills in Python (required) and Java (preferred).
• Experience with performing data pipeline or ETL processing, in data loading including extracting data from existing sources, such as databases, flat files, and application programming interfaces, transforming, cleaning, or normalizing data to optimize for analysis, and automating the loading or ingestion of data into consolidated repositories, such as data warehouses, data lakes, and analytic sandboxes
• Experience in ETL Tools like Ab-Initio and/or Informatica.
• Experience in working with core AWS capabilities, including RDS, EC2, and S3 through the management console and CLI
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Experience with designing and deploying secure data environments
• Knowledge of database design, query, including SQL, and optimization
• Experience with working with tracking tools like Jira
• Strong understanding of ETL concepts; experience in desktop ETL tools.
• Experience and strong knowledge of creating and using complex SQL queries, stored procedures, and validating reports/backend data
• Strong Data Analysis skills with Database knowledge and experience with database query tools and languages
• Experience with complete Software Development Life Cycle including requirements, design, and development and testing
• Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills to effectively work independently as well as in a dynamic matrix team environment to provide support to business user
• Ability to work on multiple projects and flexibility to change priorities when needed
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· Data Analysis
· Database Design