Enterprise Application Architect
Founded in 1976, CGI is among the largest IT and business consulting services firms in the world, helping clients achieve their goals, including becoming customer-centric digital enterprises.
CGI is looking for an Enterprise Architect to join the team. The Enterprise Architect has responsibilities to develop and deliver comprehensive application systems and solutions and the supporting infrastructure required in a combination of business sectors and technical domains. The incumbent evaluates business goals, provides assessments, sets direction, conceives systems architectures and designs, develops proposals and provides consulting. He/she is accountable for independent recommendations and decisions affecting a broad range of enterprise architectures and business applications together with the enabling Information Technology and the corporate infrastructure to provide it.
The Enterprise Architect performs research, originates and develops integrated processes and system architectures to meet the Client’s information needs and contributes directly to the Client’s success in expanded market opportunities, increased revenue, reduced cost and more effective use of resources.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Provide senior technical leadership, guidance, and support in formulating strategic technology approaches and systems architecture for Investments/Health care and enterprise applications.
• Collaborate with IT, business, and Enterprise Architecture to define and develop technology strategy, technology standards, roadmaps, and practices
• Act as a technical expert addressing problems relating to systems integration, compatibility, multiple platform integration, and hardware/software limitations
• Keep current with trends and relevant technological innovations in the IT industry for proposals and development improvements
• Create and present proposals and assessments to clients and management at all levels
• Analyze and recommend software selection, solutions options, methodologies, strategies and tools
• Provide high-end consulting to clients and innovative technical solution in the Investments/Health care domain.
• Interact and consult with appropriate business analysts, project managers and developers to understand business/project requirements and define architectural solutions to meet those requirements
• Identifies prerequisites and/or dependencies for the successful implementation of the project.
• Work with the application solutions delivery teams in the development of services, components, standards, and frameworks required
• Conduct code reviews for all major initiatives
• Identify and communicate risks associated to client and senior management throughout the project delivery lifecycle
• Compose detailed documents for technical standards, solution templates and troubleshooting procedures
• Support and mentor technical team leads and other members in the project
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Post-secondary education with a Computer Sciences or technology-related major.
• 10+ years’ experience with software development methodologies
• 10+ years’ experience of understanding Object Oriented programming best practices
• 15+ years’ experience with coding, testing and design
• TOGAF, ITIL, SAFe, Microsoft .net technologies or Salesforce certifications are nice to have
• Highly experienced in providing technical thought leadership across multiple applications and business units.
• Highly experienced with development process, methodologies and governance
• Experience architecting large and complex enterprise applications.
• Experience building and implementing model-driven, enterprise-level business solutions
• Experience in CRM, IBM Filenet, Docman, OpenText, Docprod, Dataman, Azure Development and Cloud implementation
• And/or Experience in Oracle, BW, Cognos, Siebel, BPM/Workflows, Tibco BW.
• Experience on DevOps and implementation
• Experience implementing integration using JMS, MQ etc
• SOA and Web Services / API development and testing experience (SOAP and RESTful services)
• Experience working on Database platforms (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server) with Programming skills in PL/SQL and basic working knowledge of Oracle DB
• Extensible Markup Language (XML) and XSLT
• XML Schema (XSD) / Unix commands / basic scripting
• Experience with Smart Communications
• Agile Development methodologies using Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
Nice to have
• Familiarity with multiple operating system platforms, application frameworks and tools would be a definite asset.
• Oracle professional certifications
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· TIBCO Business Works