Cybersecurity Data Architect/Dashboard Architect
CGI is one of the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Federal Member, you have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 77,000 members strong.
CGI Federal has an exciting opportunity for a Cybersecurity Data Architect/Dashboard Architect supporting our DHS CDM DEFEND program. In this position, you will support the development of cloud-based shared services platform that will deliver evolving cyber capabilities to a large group of Federal Agencies. You will work closely with the Cloud Architect and Engineering Team to collect cybersecurity data feeds to populate the clients logical data model. You will also work with Federal Agencies to resolve data quality issues and understand the impact of the dashboard scoring model.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Meet with stakeholders and collaborate with other consultants and advising agency personnel regarding the development of innovative data analysis techniques.
• Develop and maintain the data architecture required to collect data from multiple federal agencies and feed to agency-level dashboards and to a Federal-level dashboard.
• Serve as the expert on the federal client’s logical data model and risk scoring methodology, analyze the impact of changes and provide recommendations for updates to the shared service product.
• Analyze each new release of the dashboard and identify changes required to existing data translation and integration capabilities.
• Work with the engineering team to design ingestion and pipeline processes for innovative analytics platforms using best practices and open source tools such as Elastic Search, Kibana, Janus Graph, PostgreSQL and Kafka.
• Provide training to other team members on the Dashboard and client’s cybersecurity scoring model.
• Develop and apply quantitative and qualitative analytic methods to identify, collect, process and analyze large data sets for specified purposes.
• Conduct analysis and make recommendations that significantly affect the content, interpretation or development of major programs and policies.
• Develop polished, high-impact persuasive reports and presentations that enable strategic decision-making supporting the project’s mission.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
• Candidates must have ability to obtain and maintain a DHS EOD/Public Trust clearance.
• Understanding of cybersecurity tools/data sets.
• 5+ years of experience working with large and varying data sets, applying qualitative and quantitative analysis to interpret the data.
• Experience developing complex data ingestion, analysis and visualization pipelines from disparate data sources in varying formats.
• 3+ years of experience utilizing open source tools and programming languages (at least 2): Python, Power Shell, Java, Groovy and/or SQL.
• 2+ years of experience with (at least 2) AWS (Cloud/Storage/ETL), Kinesis, ElasticSearch, Kibana, Janus Graph, PostgreSQL and Kafka.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze data sets to determine trends, establish strategies and make decisions.
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with diverse audiences and influence cross functionally.
• Understanding of federal cybersecurity guidance, such as NIST SP 800-37, Guide for Applying the Risk Management Framework to Federal Information Systems: a Security Life Cycle Approach and NIST 800-137, Information Security Continuous Monitoring (ISCM) for Federal Information Systems and Organizations.
• Understanding of, or direct experience with, the DHS Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation Program (CDM) a plus.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.