Description du poste
ETUDES & TECHNIQUE
Intitulé du poste
Quantity Surveyor H/F
Description de la mission
To effectively carry out quantity surveying duties for assigned project/ projects. The QS ensures that all the commercial matters of a project including procurement, risk, cost and value reporting, forecasting and contractual matters are managed effectively in line with Colas’ governance, policies and procedures. Provide support to the project team on contract requirements.
Key Relationships/ Interfaces: Project manager; other project team members; client stakeholders; designers; subcontractors, Commercial Team members, the legal and insurance department, finance department, pre-construction procurement, and operational teams
Ensure that projects are managed effectively in line with Colas’ governance, policies and procedures
As well as the appreciation and knowledge of the activities listed below, the QS should be able to :
· perform the relevant activities,
· give reasoned advice,
· have an appropriate depth and breadth of technical knowledge and its implementation,
· be able to supervise other less experienced staff and
· be confident when working autonomously.
Financial and commercial processes
· Management of budgets. Cost forecasting, management and control processes including the use of contract programmes, change and risk registers.
· Profitability forecasts, cost/budget/value comparisons and cash flow.
· Work to ensure the continual improvement of processes, procedures, and tools to enable the monitoring and management of key commercial drivers e.g. change, cost, risk, certification etc. including a facility to check and audit
· Ensure all commercial processes comply with Colas’ corporate governance and comply with group standards
Commercial management and contract administration
· Supply chain procurement and management
· Administration of contracts and / or subcontracts including payment mechanisms, change procedures, and resolution of contentious issues, final accounts agreement and management
· Identification, recording, notification and negotiation of change in accordance with the contract.
· Evaluation of change through analysis of rates or compensation methods, and agreement of the effects of change
· Familiar with standard forms of contract such as NEC, FIDIC and JCT
· Risk management
· Able to provide advice on contractual matters and formulating contractual correspondence
· Conflict avoidance, management and dispute resolution procedures
Planning and programmes
● Use of programmes for monitoring the works
● Use of programmes for analysis and demonstration of delay and disruption and entitlement to extensions of time
● Use of programmes to support budget and risk management on a project
Cost planning and pre-contract cost control
· Possess a knowledge of the elements present in a project budget at pre-contract phase.
· Have knowledge of the development of a cost plan or spread of a tender budget along with identification of cost drivers
· Analyse and compare contract and subcontract tenders and tender budget information
· The utilisation of labour, plant, equipment, materials and sub-contractors
Project/commercial management reporting
· Assessment of financial performance through applying the quantity of work completed to arrive at cost and value reconciliation reporting
· Involvement in and understanding of the production of project trading accounts/reports illustrating profit/loss, overhead cost recovery and financial outturn forecasts for management purposes and their impact on company objectives.
· Understand the basics of company accounts, including turnover, profit/loss, work in progress and cash-flow
· Identify and interpret Key Performance and Result Measures
· Understand the use of allowances for adequate risk provision and reserve contingencies to ensure stable monthly financial reporting
Recording works progress and assessing the effects of delay, prolongation and disruption
· Preparation, maintenance and audit of suitable contemporary records of work progress
· Evaluation of recorded work through applying relevant financial assessment methods
· Understand the causes of delay and their critical and non-critical effects on project completion and entitlement to extensions of time
· Understand the effects of disruption on resources and progress
Bills of Quantities, Schedules of Rates and Activity Schedules
· Understand the various uses of Bills of Quantities, Schedules of Rates, and Activity Schedules and their preparation in accordance with standard methods of measurement
· Understand the different risks associated with measurement and pricing carried out under re-measurement contracts, lump sum contracts and target cost/cost reimbursable contracts and design and construct contracts
· Appreciation of the different approaches to pricing for example quantity and time related items, method related charges and the evaluation of change.
Management of interim and financial accounts
· Apply the contractual and statutory provisions relating to applications for payment including Contractor and Employer/Project Manager assessments, certificates and payment for both interim and final accounts
· Preparation, presentation, negotiation and agreement of interim and final accounts, including re-measurement in accordance with a standard method of measurement
· Preparation and evaluation of compensation event claims, and/or other claims based upon contractual entitlement, and/or insurance claims
Ideal candidate profile
HND or Degree in Quantity Surveying (or other commercially related discipline)
· Working towards or prepared to work towards professional membership of an appropriate organisation (for example, RICS/CIOB/ ICES)
· Holds an appropriate Construction Skills Certification Scheme card or prepared to obtain one.
· Previous experience in a quantity surveying role
In addition to the above experience the following skills would be advantageous
· Experience of administering NEC forms of contracts
· Experience of finding positive solutions to complex problems
· Understanding and delivering stakeholder requirements
· Strong commitment to Health& Safety, Business Improvement, Quality and Environmental principles
· Commercial understanding of all aspects of the operations involved in
· Understanding and awareness of good customer service principles and practice.
· Able to identify and implement effective business management processes
· Must possess an understanding of the contracting process as well as the ability to manage and develop the business both technically and commercially.