BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
BNP Paribas has engaged on a transformation of its financial operating model and decided to create a European Finance Operations Center in Lisbon.
The Project Management Officer position is part of the Purchasing Solutions & Digital department staffing, and will serve as a bastion for ensuring that the integrated vision of the project portfolio of the department achieves the proposed value by matching the business drivers with the tools and methodologies that will be implemented.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working as a PMO, your main objective is to ensure an integrative view of the organization and its complex ecosystems, balancing economic, social and technical aspects in order to support the envision, engage, transform and optimize stages of the all projects.
In order to achieve this, your role will comprise the following activities:
· Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility;
· Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress;
· Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques;
· Ensure all necessary governance meetings are in place, working and correctly documented while, simultaneously managing the relationship with the client and the involved stakeholders;
· Actively participate in Value, Risk and Business Process management activities;
· Ensure that project is delivered on-time, within scope and within budget, by coordinating the necessary resources (taking into consideration the overall capacity planning);
· Collect and present data needed to manage consolidated dashboards (KPI and others reporting), and draw presentations that give visibility to the necessary stakeholders and support the decision making process;
Master's degree in Business Management/ Finance /Accounting
At least 5 years of relevant experience within the above vectors of activities is mandatory;
Consolidated knowledge of accounting and financial workflows is mandatory;
Knowledge of Project Management methodologies or frameworks is a strong plus;
Systems appetency that reflects in a quick adaptation to new IT tools is a strong plus;
Knowledge of diverse SAP platforms is a strong plus;
Proficiency in Office tools Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio) is mandatory;
Analytical and problem solving oriented
Strong customer centricity allied with the ability to remain focused on the achievement of the organizational goals;
Ability to work under tight deadlines and with international locations
· Quick self-starter, pro-active attitude, autonomy
· Excellent communication and written skills both in Portuguese and English (B2 Level, CECRL certificate); French (A2/B1 Level, CECRL certificate) is a plus
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.