• The position reports to the Head the Portfolio Analytics and Modelling team.
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
Portfolio Management is a part of the Corporate & Institutional Banking activity. PMA is a transversal department within Global Banking Americas (GBA), with a regional management scope that includes the United States, Canada and Latin America. PMA is currently composed of 3 teams: Origination & Active Management; Portfolio Analytics & Modelling; and Credit Solutions & Products Engineering.
The main mission of PMA is to contribute to risk return optimization at origination, to actively manage the financing loan books and to contribute to capital optimization. The team is responsible for monitoring with Coverage the process at Origination on financing transactions with a focus on the main resources consumption, namely, capital, liquidity, balance sheet and risk-return. The team is also in charge of initiating and implementing solutions to optimize capital consumption, exposure management or liquidity consumption.
PMA aims at ensuring a fair and optimal allocation of key financial resources in order to contribute to CIB value creation objective by:
• Maintaining discipline at origination by contributing to risk return/Risk Weighted Assets (RWA) management, liquidity cost, Exposure analysis and CDS/Insurance market intelligence at the Resource Allocation Committee, in coordination with Coverage and Business Lines
• Back testing of clients profitability in liaison with Coverage
• Managing the loan books of the Corporate Platform from a risk, capital, liquidity and return perspective through execution of Active Management actions (loan sales, hedging with CDS and credit insurance, balance sheet securitization)
• Management of the credit derivatives
• Create and maintain an expertise center on client profitability tools and guidance for methodologies in credit risk-return and value creation for CIB
• Actively monitor the Loan Book (including budgeting, forecasting and monitoring of RWA, Exposure and P&L under baseline and stress scenarios)
• Provide Senior Management including Head of CIB Americas with quarterly review of the key resources consumption across the Corporate Platform through the Strategic Resource Committee. Additionally perform analysis and monitoring of the portfolio profitability from a risk return and value creation standpoint at client level on an ex-ante, prospective and ex-post basis taking into account forthcoming changes in regulatory environment
• Liaise with RISK department on Annual Risk identification exercise on behalf of GBA
PMA has main interactions with Coverage, Business Lines, ALMT, RISK, Middle Office, Finance, Legal, Compliance, Global Markets and Portfolio Management teams in the other regions.
The Portfolio Analytics & Modelling team is responsible for monitoring and forecasting the key resources (balance sheet and capital) consumption of Global Banking Americas in close coordination with Business Lines and Coverage units. Additionally, the team is responsible for the regional Strategic Resources Committees to review key resources consumption and value creation metrics with Regional Senior Management and if needed provide feedback on behalf of GBA to the CIB Leadership forum.
In coordination with main stakeholders in GBA and across the platform:
• Monitoring, Budgeting and Forecasting GBA Resources (RWA, balance-sheet and provisions) consumption
• Tracking the Resource Allocation Committee (RAC) approved deal pipeline
• Monitoring, Budgeting and Forecasting Loan Book Revenues
• Preparing the Strategic Resources Committee presentations for Regional Senior Management, and provide feedback to the CIB Leadership forum
• Representing PMA in IT project developments related to their scope
• Steering the Quarterly IFRS 9 Americas Regional Portfolio Review including sensitivity analysis.
Ideal candidate profile
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree or foreign education equivalent in Finance or Accounting
• 1-3 years of experience working in a large international bank or financial services,
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Familiarity with Portfolio Management or CIB activities
• Understanding of Credit or Counterparty Risk and Capital / Risk Weighted Assets (RWA) concepts
• Proficient in Excel and Powerpoint
• Modelling capabilities, programming skills or experience with business intelligence tools are a plus
• Bilingual : English and French
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• Aptitude for data analysis and comfortable with big datasets
• Attention to details
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and having a positive “can-do” attitude
• Ability to collaborate and work well with others
• Thrives in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group's activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.