MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The mission of RISK ORC is to oversee the effective and efficient functioning of the Operational Permanent Control (OPC) framework implemented by business lines and functions (1 st line of defense or 1LOD), as well as the measurement and management of Operational Risks (OR). They serve in an independent oversight capacity, as part of the 2nd line of defense (2LOD), ensuring that the 1LOD is fulfilling its Permanent Control (PC) objectives and requirements. RISK ORC's scope includes the CIB business line, and its supporting operational units and transversal functions across the Americas (US, Canada, & Latin America).
· Context : Part of the RISK ORC Governance, Framework and Reporting Team mandate is to deliver a synthesized and homogenous view on the operational risks facing the CIB platform through the development and production of relevant risks metrics, risk reports and dashboards. Operational Risk Reporting Team member will be responsible to:
Support RISK ORC Reporting Management in producing metrics supporting weekly, monthly and quarterly Ops RISK reporting (Key Risk Indicators, Historical Incidents, Potential Incidents, External Loss Data, Audit and Regulatory Recommendations, Risk and Control Self-Assessments, Independent Testing Results)
· Based on analysis of operational risk data, prepare operational risk reporting (both quantitative and qualitative) for:
· Local, regional and global RISK ORC;
· Global Business Lines and Function management;
· Auditors and Regulatory bodies; and
· NY Based committees such as the WHC Internal Control Committee, WHC Board Risk Committee, IHC Operational and Technology Risk Committee and CUSO/IHC Board Risk Committee.
· Fulfill ad hoc information requests and adapt to new challenges and requirements with agility.
· Maintain transparent audit trails to all reporting and analysis, enabling managers to review work and satisfy audit requests.
· Support the development, implementation and maintenance of operational risk reporting standards, methods and processes, including documenting reporting and analysis processes through creation and maintenance of standard reporting procedures.
· Develop processes and tools to spot data inconsistencies and implement procedures to remediate known data issues that arise from RISK ORC owned data repositories.
· Provide administrative support to local stakeholders on RISK ORC owned operational risk management tools.
Ideal candidate profile
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
· The successful candidate will have previous experience supporting the production and creation of reporting with an ability to take a productive approach towards enhancement of own work and existing processes. Strong analytical skills with an ability to collect, organize, analyze, disseminate and manage significant amount of data/information with attention to detail and accuracy.
· Understanding and previous experience with reporting/governance principles such as four-eyes, audit trails and segregation of duties.
· Understanding/experience in Operational Risk Management.
· Bachelor of Science in a Risk Management domain, Finance or or other applicable degree such as mathematics, statistics, etc.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for active interaction with multiple stakeholders, as well as management.
· Ability to influence, negotiate and articulate simple clear, synthesized messages on complex topics.
· Strong analytical and organizational skills. Ability to conceptualize issues and translate into solutions and secure evidence of work and good documentation principles
· Pro-active spirit and dynamic attitude.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Knowledge of non Microsoft reporting applications such as Power BI, Access, Tableau is a plus.
· A related graduate degree (MBA or MS) is a plus.
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group's activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.