About the Company :
BNP Paribas (www.bnpparibas.com) is one of the 6 strongest banks in the world according to Standard & Poor's*. With a presence in 85 countries and more than 205,000 employees, 165,200 of which in Europe, BNP Paribas is a global-scale European leader in financial services. It holds key positions in its three activities: Retail banking, Investment Solutions and Corporate & Investment Banking. The Group benefits from its four domestic markets: Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg. BNP Paribas also has a significant presence in the United States and strong positions in Asia and the emerging markets.
BNP Paribas India Solutions (BNPPISPL) is a global delivery centre for BNP Paribas Group, one of the largest banking groups in the world. BNPPISPL provides Knowledge Services, IT Solutions and Business Services to the international Investment Solutions business of BNP Paribas Group.
BNPPISPL has a strong culture, a defined strategy, understandable values and a clear vision. We have remained consistent to our plans throughout and thus provided a good place to work for staff looking for long term careers in this challenging worldJob and Person Specification
* Within its peer group
Ideal candidate profile
Job Description - APAC
Note to Hiring Manager:
In support of BNP Paribas APAC's Diversity Commitment, Hiring Managers are to consider at least 1 Asia Pacific national, 1 male and 1 female candidate for the position to be filled.
About BNP Paribas Group:
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, it provides clients with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs, and continues to develop its franchise in the region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Business line/Function :
The below requirement is for Investment & Services (IFS) , a major arm of BNP Paribas Securities Services provides fund administration services by assisting our clients in clearing , settlement and custody of all asset classes for our clients. Our clients are wide spread in Asia Pacific, Europe and US regions which include Investment Banks, Brokers, Dealers, Large corporate and government organizations.
Business Line / Function:
IFS UK APS
Ravindra MUTHUMULA REDDY
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The below requirement is for Investment & Services (IFS) , a major arm of BNP Paribas Securities Services provides fund administration services by assisting our clients in clearing , settlement and custody of all asset classes for our clients. Our clients are wide spread in Asia Pacific, Europe and US regions which include Investment Banks, Brokers, Dealers, Large corporate and government organizations. The position is for a support staff who has the following capabilities and exposure to support processes.
· Provide L1 and L2 application support
· Provide front-line primary application support to end users and clients
· 24/6 Production support includes covering night and weekend in a rotation basis
· Adhere to the support standards and guidelines
· Should follow Service operation, Service Transition and CSI of ITIL processes
· Should be flexible to cover/extend shifts in emergency situations
· Inclination to understand and learn application/business functionality
· Ability to work in tight deadlines.
· Willing to work on various shifts.
· Ability to challenge and question.
· Manages and Resolve user Incidents and Requests.
· Ability to support Problem Management , Change Management and Incident Management.
· Should be able to identify Service improvement opportunities in the supported applications or processes.
· Monitoring, Trouble shooting and Supporting the day to day activities
· Should be a SPOC for the shift and take complete responsibility of the shift
· Resolve service incidents and request tickets in a timely manner according to SLA
· Perform first level analysis and escalate issues to senior members in a timely manner.
· Have a strong Customer Focus in order to provide a professional support service to both internal and external cliental.
· Flexible approach to working hours and adhere to the support requirements provided by the lead.
· Attempt to perform root cause analysis or route to appropriate teams, recommend procedures and controls for problem prevention.
· Refer and maintain Knowledge base and share experience with support team members.
· Excellent problem solving skills in order to diagnose, evaluate and resolve complex problem situations
· Ability to independently work, share the knowledge with other team members
· Use business and application knowledge to investigate issues raised and assist in the production of Incident reports which form part of the shift handover.
· Maintain professional behaviour and collaborate with same and other team members respectfully and positively
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· Proficiency writing PL/SQL, stored procedures (Oracle preferred)
· Working knowledge in Unix environments and Shell scripting
· Knowledge on Data ware housing concepts and SQL Server.
· Knowledge on Programming knowledge like C , C++ , Java
· Knowledge on Data stage TX.
· Investment services industry / Funds Administration
· Basics of Banking.
Basics of Banking or Capital Markets (Investments and Fund Accounting)
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills : (Please select up to 4 skills)
Communication skills - oral & written
Ability to share / pass on knowledge
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Ability to manage a project
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
Graduate in any discipline (Computer Science preferred) with a good background of software development with a minimum IT experience of more than 3 years to 5 years