BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
This position is located in Lisbon within BNP Paribas Securities Services (BP2S), a BNPP subsidiary under BNPP Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) division. Indeed, BP2S is one of the top global custodians in the world and is ranked 5 th in the world and the top non-American custodian. With a presence in 34 countries across 5 continents and a coverage of more than 95 markets, BP2S acts as a custodian or administrator for financial institutions on operational transactions across all asset classes linked to their securities accounts throughout the whole investment cycle.
Market & Financing – Dealing Services Department is looking for a Dealer within BNP Paribas Securities Services Business Unit (BP2S) in Lisbon, responsible for executing under BP2S Paris Head Office (HO) oversight, a part of transactions initiated by external Clients on a specific area of expertise among several assets.
The Dealer will manage order of Clients Portfolio Management on a specific area of expertise among Fixed Income, Forex, Equity and ETD products.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Manage relationships with investments teams:
· Seek optimal client satisfaction
· Gathering and then reporting market intelligence to Portfolio Management teams
· Value Added: Play an integral part on a “value added” basis to investment process by leveraging market knowledge and counterparty contact to improve performance and influence outcomes
· Manage relationships with brokers / counterparties
· Participate on broker review process
· Maintain strong transparent and constructive relationships with brokers to obtain the best service for the firm's Clients
· Provide support to Clients
· Participate in due diligence presentations to clients and prospects with support from Business Support and Client teams to highlight and demonstrate trading capabilities and promote its credibility.
· Financial Market expertise on several products and good knowledge on Fixed Income, Forex, Equity and ETD
· Strong knowledge on execution/dealing activities and related Conduct, Compliance and Risk management
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written English, French and Portuguese will be advantageous
· Extensive knowledge of connectivity for Equity and Fixed Income products
· 3 to 5 years' experience on the buy side or sell side
· Strong analytical skills, accuracy, proactivity, results orientation and teamwork spirit
· Academic background in Business, Finance, Accounting or related discipline
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.