BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
Global Markets is BNP Paribas' capital markets business, delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients. With solid roots in Europe and a strong global presence, Global Markets is a leader in derivatives, bringing efficient trading and execution, market-leading research and strategy, tailor-made products and a sustainable long-term business model.
Structured Equity and Flow & Financing offer a full range of innovative equity, index and fund-linked products. In addition, they offer a comprehensive range of research, sales, trading and execution services on equities and their derivatives. Commodity Derivatives offers a full range of price risk management solutions. Underlyings include energy, metals and soft commodities.
Within the Structured Equity and Flow & Financing department, the Index Flow Team manages the risks on boarded by the bank through the market making of a variety of Index products. The Team is based in London and benefits from the support of a Lisbon Trader Analyst. We are looking for hungry graduates with a knack for quantitative subjects, fast paced decision making as well as process improvement to join our growing team and help us expand our franchise and participate in the success of the business.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Contributing to various risk and profitability reports to the trading business
· Engage in project management to improve the quality of our reporting using tools like Python and VBA
· Keep a pulse of the market and show reactiveness in suggesting hedging opportunities to traders following market moves
· Check inflows/outflows for consistency and reduce operational risk by dealing swiftly with any settlement/payment issues
· Engage in pricing purposes, market parameter implicitation (broker quotes for instance) and/or internal trades
· Lead projects to streamline workflows, automate tasks and reduce risk through industrialization via programming, project management with the IT and overall improvement of our processes
· MSc in Engineering or Finance
· Python and/or VBA proficiency (with relevant experiences – either professional, academic or personal)
· Strong interest in Financial Markets and understanding of Derivative instruments
· Fast learner and hard worker
· Independent and proactive
· Be able to work in a stressful environment
· Team oriented with good interpersonal and communication skills
· Excellent fluency in English
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.