BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesse
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance
BNP Paribas' Debt Markets, part of Corporate & Institutional Banking, offers a broad range of financing products and services in the global debt markets. We originate, structure, and distribute debt for corporate and private equity clients across the ratings spectrum with a particular focus on acquisition finance (corporate acquisitions and LBOs), High Yield and DCM. We also provide debt advisory and rating services to our clients. BNP Paribas has the scale and reach to conduct business anywhere in the world and is a European market leader in Leveraged Loans, High Yield Bonds, and DCM.
The successful candidate will play an important role in the origination and execution of debt financing transactions, working closely with Analysts, Associates and Vice Presidents based throughout EMEA. Training, exposure, challenge, high standards, and a multicultural working environment will ensure a steep learning curve to prepare for a strong career path locally & potentially internationally
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As an Analyst within Debt Markets, your role would be to support the origination and execution of debt financing transactions with a focus on acquisition and leveraged finance
· Helping to prepare pitch books to support the marketing effort in cooperation with various teams across the bank (Coverage, M&A, ECM, Syndicate) and under the supervision of more experienced Analysts
· Building and analysing financial models
· Helping in the execution of Term Loan and High Yield Bond mandates (e.g. preparation of rating agency/roadshow presentations)
· Prepare case studies of completed transactions
· Supervise the maintenance and accuracy of existing databases
· Supervise the regular production of weekly market updates
· Strong academic history, Masters Degree in Finance, Management, Economics, Engineering areas
· Up to 1-2 years experience in Debt Markets and/or Leveraged Finance at another institution
· Strong numerical and analytical ability
· Proven financial modelling skills
· Ability to work autonomously and with colleagues based overseas
· Ability to multi-task and work under pressure under tight deadlines, and strong attention to detail
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Fluent in English, another European language would be beneficial
· Team spirit, collaborative and inclusive way of working
· At ease with Microsoft Office tools, Bloomberg and other information databases
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Ideal candidate profile