We are looking for an ambitious fresh mind to provide support to the fund accounting department by managing daily NAV calculation and support function tasks. You will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain accounting books of Mutual funds.
· Acquire complete understanding of NAV Calculation & its related functions with various parties involved. For example: Custody, TA, Pricing, Corporate Actions, etc.
· Become a SME (Subject Matter Expert) of the process by acquiring complete knowledge of NAV Calculation Processing & Review across all funds & instruments types.
· Ensure all reconciliation breaks in TA, Cash & Stock are validated and justified for each calculated NAV.
· Ensure NAV calculations are produced in a timely manner as per SLA. Completeness of NAV packs includes accurate report generation, timely delivery of reports, scanning & archiving.
· Adhere to Quality SLA of 98% & above while processing NAVs.
· Be proactive in resolving queries and escalate immediately to the supervisor on any issues/queries/escalations.
· Participate in preparation of Key/Standard Operating Procedures for each process migrated to Chennai.
· Consistently evaluate the documented procedures to ensure they are complete, accurate and up to date.
· Carry out other ad-hoc duties may arise from time to time, mainly on month ends & year ends.
· Monitor the respective group mail box and respond quickly to the queries.
· Adhere to timeliness and quality as stated in SLA.
· Ensure there is NO Financial impact/loss to the organization.
· Ensure ISAE 3402 checks are understood and followed. 100% compliance is must for all NAV packs.
· Act as a back-up in the absence of other team members.
· Ensure to minimize the unplanned leaves, especially during business critical days, like month end, rollover days and migration of new funds.
· Should come up with minimum one process improvement/automation initiative per quarter.
· To share the process/product knowledge with fellow team members.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· Ability to communicate to others in a clear, articulate fashion.
· Good written and oral communication skills.
· Good listening and questioning ability.
· Be able to express ideas effectively in individual and group situations
· Ability to plan work ahead and to prioritize workload.
· Ability to work in an organized manner.
· Must have an attention to detail
· Generate creative solutions to problems.
· Always looks for ways to improve services and processes.
· Be able to adapt to markets and clients evolution.
Behavioural Skills :
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills - oral & written
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment
Ideal candidate profile
Bachelor Degree or equivalent