Agriculture is all about balance. The balance that is crucial to everyone's existence - also applies to our Agricultural Solutions division. We connect innovative thinking with practical action to find the right balance for success - for farmers, agriculture and future generations. With seeds and traits, crop protection and digital solutions, we help farmers produce food more efficiently, protect the land and meet the needs of society.
The goal of BASF's wheat breeding activities in Europe is to establish competitive hybrid wheat varieties in our key markets.The position can be exercised from Gatersleben or Limburgerhof.
· You will run seed quality and cost of goods efficiency trials for hybrid wheat in Germany, implement an in-season seed production research trials program as well as ensure the alignment and timely execution of the lifecycle management product flow.
· You will evaluate and contract seed growers or third-party service providers to execute trials within the agreed budget and ensure the agreed regional protocols and standard operating procedures are strictly adhered to by partners.
· Besides making source seed available for trials in-time, in-quantity and in-quality at each location, you will visit field trials and monitor crop progress along the season from sowing to harvest stages.
· You will gather field data and create interim reports, collect final reports and raw data as well as keep depositary database PRISM up-to-date and maintain data.
· Through statistical methodologies, you will validate data quality, analyze multi-year and -location data, issue reports, conclusions as well as recommendations and provide final production protocol for each hybrid parent combination and each region.
· You will support the local seed production teams to enable the optimum production packages and provide day-to-day training support to develop production excellence.
· At least five years of experience in seeds production research, preferably in hybrid cereals
· Profound knowledge of wheat agronomy, crop cycle, physiology and associated technologies
· Driving License
· Fluent in English to interact with stakeholders outside of Germany
· Experience in hybrid seed production or seed quality assurance is a plus
· Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
· Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
· Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Do you have any questions about the application process or the position?
Ms. Rina Hellwig (Talent Acquisition) phone: +49 (0)30 2005 59769
Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Please submit copies only and no original documents.
As a reliable partner of the agricultural sector, BASF Agricultural Solutions GmbH offers innovative solutions in the area of crop protection and pest control to improve agricultural production, increase the profitability of agricultural companies and thereby improve the living standards of a growing population. Our strength lies in supporting farmers in the face of the challenges presented by an increasingly complex agricultural sector and in working with them to secure basic human necessities, such as food, nutrition and energy.
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.