We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
This position is based at BASF PETRONAS Chemicals' Sdn Bhd, a RM3.4 billion joint venture that combines the innovative strengths and capabilities of two well-established Fortune 500 companies, BASF SE (60%), the world's leading chemical company and PETRONAS (40%), Malaysia’s fully integrated energy company with a wide network of operations around the world. Established since 1997, BASF PETRONAS Chemicals' ‘verbund’ (integrated) chemical production facility is sited in Gebeng, Kuantan, Pahang Darul Makmur. With the current growth in our downstream portfolio, we are integrating the most powerful minds and talented high achievers to drive our outstanding performance as a global leader in the chemical industry.
· Responsible for production and updating of the turnaround schedules
· Produce turnaround planning, preparation and execution schedule showing key activities and duration early and late start dates, early finish and late finish dates, total and free float and the critical path of the turnaround.
· Compile all the planning data, assessment of man-hours, validate and agree the turnaround schedule with respective Turnaround Planners.
· Attend the daily preparation meeting, highlighting work progress relating to expanded man-hours and job completion and action plans on areas of concerns.
· Monitor the planning of progress and keep the Turnaround Manager and Area Planners updated with developments.
· Set up the planning update systems and monitor the progress against the plan. Produce monthly 'S' curves to monitor the same.
· Communicate with Projects department (i.e. Engineering Services, Operations, Technical Services, Engineering) with regards to project duration and interface works.
· Ensure the Area Coordinator / contractor provides actual status of all work progress.
· Establish and report daily updates on progress of work in ‘S’ curve format during execution of the shutdown.
· Report on effectiveness of manpower utilization during the execution of the shutdown.
· Monitor the extra/additional work so as not to delay total duration of the turnaround and report any concerns to the Turnaround Manager.
· Produce report on the schedule achievements on completion of the turnaround and compile all relevant planning documentation for archive.
· Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from recognized institutions.
· Minimum 5 years turnaround experience in process plant
· Good communication, analytical and interpersonal skills and a team player.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Ability to work under pressure in meeting deadlines
· Able to plan and control all related works as required
· Proficiency in computer software especially Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power Point and SAP