In the Advanced Materials & Systems Research Division, our multifaceted team works together to develop functional materials and systems for high-performance, innovative and sustainable solutions for our customers in various different industries. At the same time, we meet the legal and economic requirements.
In our Polymers group for Paper Coating, Fiber Bonding and Construction, we develop polymer product solutions for our customers in various application fields. You will combine synthetic know-how with comprehension of physico-chemical as well as application aspects to create optimal product solutions.
· You will lead a laboratory team as well as projects or topics and be accountable for meeting deadlines (milestones) and budget.
· You will observe scientific as well as technological trends and activities of competitors, validate them and ensure direct contact with the business units. You have access to and understand market as well as customer needs.
· On this basis, you will translate market needs into R&D activities, propose new projects for products as well as applications and present as well as document your results.
· You work closely with both internal as well as external R&D partners and actively support the work of our Intellectual Property Management with your expertise.
· Within your team, you will be responsible for maintaining the EHS standards and ensure that appropriate measures are taken to achieve continuous improvement in EHS performance.
· PhD in chemistry
· Experience in the Optimization and modeling of polymerization processes
· Research and development know-how in the field of coatings and/or resin & binder product development is advantageous
· Experience with different emulsion polymerization processes including synthesis, kinetics and characterization is desirable
· Fluent in German as well as English for communication and presentations with internal and external partners
· Self-directed and knowledge in project management to foster continuous innovation
· Onboarding to help you settle in quickly, ensuring you are part of the BASF team from day one.
· Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
· Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
· Your contribution to a sustainable future because sustainability lies at the heart of everything we do and is a driver of growth.
Do you have any questions about the application process or the job? Mrs. Julia Dyballa (Talent Acquisition) +49 302005-58394.
Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Please submit copies only and no original documents.
Cooperation with recruitment agencies is not accepted.
Ludwigshafen is the world's largest integrated chemical complex and home to BASF Group headquarters. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and leisure time.
Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.