We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We link and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance, but also your personality matter to us. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF’s regional division EMEA Europe, Middle East, Emerging Europe and Africa. BASF operates in more than 50 countries in the region. For BASF the EMEA region is our most important market.
What you can expect
Responsible for driving production improvements (safety, quality, environmental, throughput and cost) by ana-lysing process data and using appropriate RCA tools like, 6M’s, FMEA, 6 sigma, etc. to present solutions for implementation. Providing support on lean manufacturing initiatives through coaching and mentoring. Responsi-ble for ensuring project plans are executed within the time frame and budget. Duties will include the following:
· Utilise project management skills & tools to update progress and status of CapEx and improvement projects
· Compile detailed and informative monthly production reports and dashboards tracking departmental perfor-mance and improvements
· Support departmental strategy and objectives in collaboration with the Production Manager and Team Lead-ers by taking an active role in driving continuous improvement initiatives
· Systematically review production processes and procedures with a view to improve safety, quality, effective-ness and efficiency in the department
· Coaching and guiding team members with the compilation of detailed RCA reports, findings and actions
· Review daily progress against production plan and initiate RCA where necessary to achieve operational targets in collaboration with Production Manager and Team Leaders
· Responsible for co-ordination and generation of departmental PR’s when required
· Ensure continuous use of lean manufacturing tools (5S, NCM, Fishbone, 6 sigma, etc.) through coaching and mentoring of team members to improve departmental performance
· Responsible for implementing and maintaining a visual management system built on the site’s digitalization infrastructure in a manner that motivates employees towards achieving goals
· Responsible for developing and managing optimal production consumable inventory to prevent any disrup-tion to production
· Ensure individual skills are developed to effectively deputize for both Fungi and Inoculants Culture prepara-tion operators as well as operability of the wastewater treatment plant
· Ensure that all BASF controls, policies as well as internal and external regulations are adhered to during implementation of improvement projects
· Responsible for production loss accounting spreadsheet to ensure the document is updated correctly daily, action owners are providing feedback when required and efficacy of solutions are reviewed
· Compilation and sharing of documentation of tangible improvements implemented and savings (throughput and cost) realized
What we expect
· 5 years’ experience in a similar operation or industry (Biotechnology or Microbiology)
· NQF level 6 in Engineering or equivalent qualification
· Experience with Project management and a demonstrated competency in the use/ implementation of digitization technologies are advantageous
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and on-the-job training as part of a committed team. Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company. BASF is an equal opportunity employer which we embrace diversity and the principles of employment equity.
Closing date for applications: 17 August 2020