We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2020 as one of America’s Best Employers. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Process Optimization Engineer (2002492) – McIntosh, AL
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to ensure the optimization of plant processes within the assigned area. This includes improving process operating methods and process parameters, optimizing energy consumption, and improving chemical yield. The role will include efforts to facilitate and contribute to systematic reductions in unplanned production losses within the production processes. In this role, you will be the process expert for the assigned area and carry the responsibility for documenting and implementing operational best practices as well as technical training for the operations staff. As with all roles, you will further the development and improvement of safety aspects of the unit.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
· Leveraging your bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or general Engineering plus experience in a manufacturing environment, you will be responsible for implementation of OPEX and Continuous Improvement (Lean tools) to improve unit efficiency and imbedding them in the plant.
· Your firm commitment to workplace health and safety will be evident as you develop and document plant EHS concepts and review process related corrective measures to EHS events.
· As a mentor and leader, you will be responsible for setting up plant training and qualification concepts.
· Your sound technical knowledge of instrumentation, electrical, and mechanical equipment (rotating and fixed) will be essential as you define, collect, and control processes and procedural KPIs of the unit (e.g. energy efficiency, performance, alarm management, etc.)
· Your focus on continued learning and innovation will be a valued asset as you maintain up to date information on latest state of production process technology.
· Driving strategic decisions for the business, you will create and maintain plant specific optimization strategy (procedures, automation, operator systems, plant organization, etc.)
· Being results oriented with strong implementation skills, you will be responsible for medium to long term operational process management strategy of the unit. Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.