Our Bioscience Research Division works on innovative and sustainable solutions for our customers in sectors, such as the agricultural sector or food industry. Our goal is to improve the quality of life and protect the environment through bioscience. Our creative and diverse team embodies mutual respect and develops market-driven innovations, which make our customers successful.
As a Post-Doctoral Scientist within our research department for Fermentation Products, you are part of an interdisciplinary team developing microbial production organisms for the fermentative production of chemicals.
· You will participate in projects on metabolic engineering of microbial production strains.
· Experiments in the area of micro- and molecular biology will be independently planned and performed by you.
· Furthermore, you will perform tests in micro-cultivation devices, shake-flasks and lab-scale bioreactors.
· You will collaboratively develop robot-assisted automated workflows, have access to state-of-the-art laboratory equipment, bioinformatics support, and a large portfolio of analytical methods.
· In cooperation with other scientists of the department, internal service units as well as external partners, you will have the chance to experience research in an industrial environment.
· Doctoral degree in sciences or engineering with excellent final grades
· Extensive practical experience in molecular biology as well as biochemistry
· A broad spectrum of methods (cloning techniques, genome editing, PCR, sequencing, etc.)
· In-depth understanding of bacterial and fungal metabolism
· Experience in handling lab automation systems
· Strong IT background is a plus
· Strong communication skills in English and the ability to work as part of interdisciplinary teams
From day one you will be part of the BASF family. You will get involved in challenging fields of activity and have the opportunity to work on exciting projects in an interdisciplinary environment. Depending on the location of the respective group company you will get to know BASF and participate in various workshops and guided tours. In this way you will make numerous interesting experiences and get a deep insight into the world's leading chemical company. Information regarding internships: on.basf.com/internship
Do you have any questions about the application process or the job? Ms. Darleen Griesert (Talent Acquisition) +49 (0) 30 2005 58701
Please note that we do not return paper applications including portfolios. Therefore, please only submit copies and no originals.
Ludwigshafen is the world's largest integrated chemical complex and home to BASF Group headquarters. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and leisure time. Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.