Digitalization is a key differentiator to position BASF as leading chemical company for our customers. We as Global Digital Services enable BASF’s digitalization. In agile teams, we develop innovative digital solutions for BASF and its customers, create new exciting customer experiences and business growth, and drive efficiencies in processes. We provide IT that works and offer know-how and access to latest technologies in the areas of cloud computing, blockchain or big data.
As part of an enthusiastic global team of experts in our Quantum Chemistry research group in BASF SE, you will provide support for our unit regarding different research and development activities related to materials modelling and machine learning. You will work on developing and benchmarking machine learning force fields for complex materials relevant für catalysis applications, in a close collaboration with Prof. Gàbor Csanyi at University of Cambridge, UK. The postdoctoral position is available immediately at BASF headquarter in Ludwigshafen, Germany. The position is initially for one year and is likely to be extended based on satisfactory performance and budget situation.
· You will develop machine learned forcefield for complex materials relevant for studying heterogeneous catalysis problems.
· Furthermore, you will develop protocols and infrastructure for systematic data generation, required to support the machine learning solutions.
· To provide state-of-art ideas and solutions you will be working in a diverse team of chemists, researchers and data scientists.
· Being part of challenging projects that aim for defining inventive contributions that impact the field of quantum chemistry is part of your tasks.
· a recent PhD degree associated with electronic structure methods and atomic scale simulations for solid state materials
· a strong expertise in python code development and hands on experience with Data science workflow
· development or applications for forcefields and/or machine learning techniques is plus
· excellent English and communication skills
From day one you will be part of the BASF family. You will get involved in challenging fields of activity and have the opportunity to work on exciting projects in an interdisciplinary environment. Depending on the location of the respective group company you will get to know BASF and participate in various workshops and guided tours. In this way you will make numerous interesting experiences and get a deep insight into the world`s leading chemical company.
Information regarding internships: on.basf.com/internship
· Immediate access
· Probability to be extended based on satisfactory performance and budget situation
Do you have questions about the application process or the vacancy? Ms. Khand Traener (Talent Acquisition) Phone: +49 30 2005-59929
Ludwigshafen is the world's largest integrated chemical complex and home to BASF Group headquarters. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and leisure time.
Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.