Agriculture plays a fundamental role in fulfilling many of humanity's basic needs: food, feed, energy. To support growers and those who take care of our environment, BASF develops innovative solutions for farming, pest control and landscape management - so that we can effectively contribute to improving people's lives and business' demands. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for sustainable agriculture at the Innovation Center of BASF Belgium Coordination Center in Gent, Belgium.
You are driving Ontology-related projects in BASF Bioscience and in Seeds and Traits. You are part of an international team of experts in the BASF R&D Digitalization department.
What you can expect:
· You develop crop ontologies and biological ontologies using semantic web technologies, methodologies and standards.
· You develop and customize ontology management tools as part of BASF´s ontology management framework.
· You interact with domain experts, develop guidelines for ontology curation and use, train data curators.
· You work closely with data management, development and R&D project teams and are part of BASF´s Digitalization of R&D community.
· You further develop your expertise to stay on top of state-of-the-art methodologies in the public domain.
· Preferably, you have a PhD degree in bioinformatics, computational biology, data science or similar, or an equivalent expertise based on experience.
· You have experience in engineering and curation of ontologies and controlled vocabularies and in semantic web technologies.
· Additionally, you have experience in the development of data processing pipelines through scripts and work flows.
· You are familiar with biological data integration and have a good understanding of public ontologies in the field of biology and plant science, or are eager to learn.
· You are a born communicator, and you thrive in an international environment, collaborating in diverse teams.
· You are fluent in English, both written and spoken.
· Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
· Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance.
Not only your performance but also your personality matters to us, without regard of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Do you have any questions about the application process or the job?
Nele (Talent acquisition)
Phone: +49 30 2005-58363
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.