We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Lab Technician III, Architectural Coatings – Charlotte, NC – 2002383
We are seeking a Lab Technician III, Architectural Coatings to work in our Dispersions & Pigments (ED) business unit as part of our Charlotte, NC lab site.
This position has the primary responsibility of supporting the development of functional polymer dispersions for the architectural coatings market.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success :
· High School diploma or equivalent along with 6+ years of practical laboratory experience in a chemical related field or an AS degree with 2 years of practical laboratory experience in a chemical related field.
· Expeince working with and test paint materials needed
· Work with Research Scientists to test polymers for the architectural coatings market.
· Complete laboratory projects to support Polymer Research & Development for architectural coatings.
· Perform maintenance and calibration activities required to maintain ISO compliance.
· Develop the necessary knowledge with the equipment and procedures to provide expertise to internal and external customers.
· Serve within a laboratory team in such activities as equipment repairs, including interfacing with manufacturers, contractors and site facilities.
· Assist other technicians in the completion of development projects as necessary.
· Generate ideas that improve the safety, efficiency and overall effectiveness of the laboratory and its team.
· Strong work ethic and be self-motivated.
· Ability to operate projects with a high sense of urgency.
· Work comfortably in a team environment and also effectively on individual efforts.
· Possess highest standards of integrity, accuracy and attention to detail.
· Flexible and capable of adapting to priority changes on a daily basis.
· Must possess good oral and written communication skills. Use of basic computer skills and comfortable with Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.