Description de l'offre
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2020. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Lab Technician (2100058)- Huntsville, AL – Day Shift
At the BASF Huntsville Plant, we make the chemistry and technology used in vehicle catalytic convertors and other environmental products. As part of our team, employees help us conceive, design, implement and validate new equipment, technologies and processes to help make our world's environment cleaner. Our Quality Control Department plays a vital role in the success of our plant. This position contributes by performing laboratory tests to determine chemical and physical characteristics or composition of solid, liquid, or gaseous materials for such purposes as quality control, process control, or product development by performing the duties listed below.
• Operates laboratory equipment and instruments such as centrifuge, agitators, rheometer, chemical balance scales, spectrometer, colorimeter, and other equipment
• Generates data from a variety of laboratory techniques and analytic instrumentation, such as catalytic reactor systems, total surface area analyzers, thermographic, gravimetric analyzers and spectrometers
• Adheres to company procedures and work instructions and industrial standards regarding sampling and testing techniques and proper handling and preparation of samples in support of company’s environmental objectives
• Participates in routine validation studies to replicate results and to verify results with industry or scientific literature standards
• Prepares and tests routine raw materials used as ingredients in catalyst slurry production for such qualities as purity, stability, viscosity, density, chemical composition and concentration
• Prepares and tests routine intermediate and final product samples for presence and content of elements or substances such as: hydrocarbons, organics, and impurities
• Tests samples of manufactured products to verify conformity to specifications
• Accesses data acquisition software and inputs test records and report results using a variety of computer software systems
Work environment/Physical demands
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk and hear.
• The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• The use of personal protection equipment is required including, safety glasses, safety shoes and gloves. Use of breathing respirator may be required.
• May be required to work mandatory overtime and/or twelve hour shifts.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
• High School Diploma/GED
• One or more years of work experience in a quality or laboratory industrial setting
• Must be able to operate machines of medium complexity, often including use of intermediate computer skills
• Must demonstrate enhanced trouble shooting skills within their assigned process
• Must demonstrate the ability to handle multitask assignments
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision and deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations while performing tasks which may require multiple steps
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.