Agriculture is all about balance. The balance that is crucial to everyone's existence - also applies to our Agricultural Solutions division. We connect innovative thinking with practical action to find the right balance for success - for farmers, agriculture and future generations. With seeds and traits, crop protection and digital solutions, we help farmers produce food more efficiently, protect the land and meet the needs of society.
During your 6 month-internship in our unit Digital Farming Technology you will be working on diverse types of data from sources like agricultural fields, soil sampling, weather monitoring and smartphone apps.
· You will shape a new era of satellite tools lifting scalable digital agriculture to the next level.
· Furthermore, you will handle as well as manage satellite data from a wide array of sensors.
· You will explore and implement state-of-the-art data analytics for crop monitoring.
· In addition, you will be responsible for building prototypes to identify new product ideas and improve internal workflows.
· Last but not least, you will communicate results to non-technical as well as technical stakeholders and closely collaborate with product managers.
· Enrolled in remote sensing, geoinformatics or another related field with an outstanding academic track record
· Experience in vegetation sensing concepts or image time series
· Good programming skills in scientific programming languages like Python or R and familiarity with SQL, QGIS, ArcGIS or SAGA-GIS
· Fluent in both written and spoken English
· Good communication skills and your customer orientation
· Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
· Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
· Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international Company.
BASF Digital Farming GmbH stands for a modern agricultural sector. We are making agriculture smarter and simpler. Our digital solutions allow for fields to be constantly analysed at the field-zone level so that farmers learn more about their crops every day and crop production can be taken to the next level. Our work is equally as innovative as our products: we have a global network and work with agile methodologies in a start-up atmosphere. Join our team!
Learn more about BASF Digital Farming GmbH at https://www.xarvio.com
Do you have any questions about the application process or the position?
Mrs. Karina Urich (Talent Acquisition) Phone no.: +49 (0)30 2005 58528
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.