The European Site & Verbund Management is continuously developing BASF's large European sites, thereby ensuring their competitiveness: We manage the perfect integration of infrastructure, operating services and logistics with production at each site. This ensures the basic supply of the business units, which can subsequently perform successfully on the market. In addition, we advise the companies in all respects relating to environmental protection, occupational and plant safety and regulatory approval.
Our interdisciplinary team digitalization drives forward the digital transformation of one of our largest production sites. We apply modern methods from applied mathematics, data science, informatics and automation, particularly machine learning, big data analytics, data mining and model-based simulation and optimization.
· You develop innovative digital solutions together with experts from various fields.
· You work in projects in production, supply, disposal or logistics and cooperate with the local plant staff as well as with internal and external partners.
· The focus areas of your work can be adjusted to your capabilities and preferences. Examples are process optimization, energy and raw material forecasts for the local power plant, soft sensors and other real-time predictions.
· Further topics are condition monitoring of processes and components, predictive maintenance, assistance/expert systems and supply chain optimization.
· Depending on our demands, the internship may be followed by bachelor's or master's thesis.
· Bachelor degree in applied mathematics, statistics, natural sciences, informatics, engineering or similar
· Experience in working with data and mathematical/statistical models
· Excellent command of German and English (spoken and written)
From day one you will be part of the BASF family. You will get involved in challenging fields of activity and have the opportunity to work on exciting projects in an interdisciplinary environment. Depending on the location of the respective group company you will get to know BASF and participate in various workshops and guided tours. In this way you will make numerous interesting experiences and get a deep insight into the world’s leading chemical company.
Information regarding internships: on.basf.com/internship
Do you have any questions about the application process of the job? Ms. Katharina Prauß (Talent Acquisition): +49 (0) 30 2005 - 5086
Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Please submit copies only and no original documents.
BASF Schwarzheide GmbH, which is situated between the nation's capital Berlin and the city of Dresden, produces functional materials and develops intelligent system solutions for global customers. We stand for innovation, digital transformation and sustainability. With our new technologies and operating principles, we have taken on a leading role within the BASF Group. Take the opportunity and help us design future-oriented solutions.
Learn more about BASF Schwarzheide GmbH at http://on.basf.com/Schwarzheide
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.