We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Greenhouse Associate (2001308) – Research Triangle Park, NC
Where the Chemistry Happens
The primary responsibility of the PCTC Greenhouse Associate is to perform hands-on tasks and duties related to greenhouse work and plant experiments and facility cleaning, while ensuring compliance with all existing safety and stewardship standards in the area of greenhouse plant research.
• Perform general greenhouse work independently, such as making pots and flats, planting, watering, fertilizing, tying/trimming plants for upkeep, seed harvesting, seed threshing, seed counting and maintaining various crop plants according to specific protocols as directed by Greenhouse Specialist and Program Specialist.
• Maintain and clean greenhouses and work areas.
• Assist with collection of plant tissue samples under supervision, according to specific protocols.
• Utilize data management applications to collect and record data
• Use electronic equipment (barcode scanners, cameras, seed threshers and seed counters)
• Perform pest control including: insect scouting, pesticide/herbicide application, beneficials release, and integrated pest management techniques, as instructed by Greenhouse Operations Team
o Ability to obtain a NC Pesticide Applicators license.
• Comply with Stewardship and Biosafety requirements and QMS directives and protocols
o Follow SOPs/Work Instructions
o Operate equipment and maintain appropriate documentation
Formula for Success:
• Willingness to work in greenhouse environment with understanding of plant growth and development.
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to identify and communicate problems and deviations.
• Demonstrated ability to follow defined procedures and work in a team environment.
• Organized and can work with minimal supervision. Strong communication skills.
• Proficiency in computer skills: Microsoft Office and databases.
• Able to work 40 hours per week in fluctuating climates and lift 50 pounds.
• Work a modified weekend schedule of Friday – Tuesday.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
• Bachelor’s in a Life Science field with 0 years experience, AA with minimum 4 years’ experience, or High School Diploma or GED with minimum of 9 years’ experience in plant biology or equivalent
• Have a current NC Pesticide Applicators license
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.