We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2020 as one of America’s Best Employers. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Field Technical Service Representative (2001471) – Casa Grande, Arizona
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to support the daily onsite technical and process support of BASF-Chemetall Pretreatment and Electrocoat products for our OEM client located in Casa Grande, Arizona. You will respond to customer requirements, enforce product quality/performance specifications, and support new product/application development. You will also provide on-site technical expertise of product performance including proper system operation, defect identification, and corrective action.
You will also assure product performance meets or exceeds customer expectations and supports business objectives to be our customer’s supplier of choice. You will demonstrate the technical and professional expertise needed to enhance BASF’s reputation with the customer and integrate within the business and technical community to bring additional value to our coating’s customers.
Travel for this role is estimated to be approximately 10% of the time.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
· Your knowledge of coatings materials will enable you to manage and improve Pretreatment and Electrocoat processes. When required, you will use this knowledge as you perform root cause analysis on observed defects, analyze process data, and suggest corrective actions or changes.
· Applying your laboratory or automotive plant experience with coating processes, and/or a background in technical support, product engineering or product launch, you will respond effectively and efficiently to customer requests regarding BASF-Chemetall products, projects, process recommendations and other inquires.
· Demonstrating your strong project management skills, you will oversee inventory forecast, product usage, paint trials and new product launches.
· Your effective verbal and written communication skills will serve you well as you collect data and report-out process trends and status, communicate that to customer representatives, and react to negative or emergency situations quickly to prevent quality or other process related problems.
· Your proven experience with paint processes (including ancillary paint processes) and applications and your working knowledge of metal pretreatment/electrocoating processes (including industrial application and associated performance requirements) will aid you in leading others on varying shifts and making decisions without supervision.
· Developing key internal and external relationships, you will communicate with all levels of the customer organization to assess customer requirements and collaborate effectively with your team, management, and internal groups such as manufacturing and supply chain to adapt to diverse cultures and manufacturing plants.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.