You can be part of an inclusive team of diverse talent and character. In this diversity lies our greatest strength.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF Canada has been recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2018, as well as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2018.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
The Field Biologist works collaboratively to manage all aspects of a field research farm program in key western Canadian crops including canola, cereals, pulses, corn and soybeans. We are specifically looking to add seed solutions expertise to our team. The Biologist we are looking for, will work collaboratively with a cross functional team of technical, regulatory and marketing professionals to deliver innovative solutions for Canadian growers.
Formula for Success: You Will…
· The Biologist we are looking for, will work collaboratively with a cross functional team of technical, regulatory and marketing professionals to deliver innovative solutions for Canadian growers.
· Responsible for the annual budgeting, 3 year capital planning, 3 year crop rotation planning, farm cooperator relationships, farm staffing and quality of all data collection
· Provides management in the area of external research cooperators and regulatory submissions by project. This will involve interaction with technical and regulatory teams (country). External interactions may include both public and private research scientists and influencers
· Manage research data summaries, and presentations for multiple audiences
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
· M.Sc in Agriculture/Biology with emphasis on crop science, weed science, agronomy, entomology, plant pathology or related discipline
· Minimum 1-3 years relative field experience, managing field research / product development projects across indications
· Experience with the Canadian regulatory environment is beneficial.
· Experience in working with growers, distribution/retail, universities, or consultants would be beneficial
· Ability to share knowledge and expertise with others. Actively participate on teams to solve problems or achieve team goals. Strong organizational, time management and project management skills are also essential
· Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate with audiences of varying backgrounds. Must be skilled at development and delivery of presentations to both external and internal customers
· Excellent computer skills and proficient in various software programs, including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, ARM
Key influencer relationships are well developed such that partnerships on research projects, training curriculum development and implementation
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications – NOTE: Not all positions are eligible for cross-regional relocation/work authorization. Cross regional is defined as movement between countries (e.g. Canada to U.S.).