We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized as a 2020 Best Employer for Diversity by Forbes. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Export Customer Service Representative (2000869) – Florham Park, NJ
Where the Chemistry Happens
The Export Customer Support Representative represents BASF as the primary point of contact for Care Chemicals exports for affiliate/direct customers in over 30 different countries.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing our Export business relationships internationally. This includes the global order fulfillment process including order entry and fulfillment, production and demand coordination, and resolution of conflicting issues. You will be responsible for maintaining order, shipping and invoicing accuracy, meeting key metrics, ensuring legal compliance and providing customer service excellence. You will proactively take necessary action to remove obstacles between customer requirements and BASF's ability to satisfy them.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
· Leveraging your education and professional background in Import/Export, Supply Chain/Logistics or other related field, you will be responsible for the alignment of expectations between supply chain, freight forwarder and affiliate countries. You will be expected to monitor exception reports and communicate issues.
· Successfully engaging across the organization, you will act as a liaison of communication between overseas countries and Care Chemicals Business. This includes working directly with affiliates offices regarding orders, delivery, and shipment logistics.
· Your computer proficiency will be a valued asset as you process sales orders in BASF systems, and manage / provide all export and transport documentation needed by affiliate customers for shipment execution.
· Working proactively, you will monitor work queues to ensure orders can be fulfilled as required. This will require a thorough understanding of all SAP processes including price discrepancies and master data.
· Your commitment to customer satisfaction will be essential as you receive, process and follow up on customer complaints / nonconformance management documentation.
· Working collaboratively outside of the organization, you will provide or work with logistics providers for shipping and logistical direction for exports involving regulatory documentation, AIR and credit support and data management. Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.