Agriculture is all about balance. The balance that is crucial to everyone's existence - also applies to our Agricultural Solutions division. We connect innovative thinking with practical action to find the right balance for success - for farmers, agriculture and future generations. With seeds and traits, crop protection and digital solutions, we help farmers produce food more efficiently, protect the land and meet the needs of society.
Agriculture is changing. Agriculture demands new solutions. Agriculture goes digital. This is our motivation. Do you want to shape the way herbicides will be applied in future? To become the leader in digitalfarming, we want you. Within the Weed Management Project, we strengthen our team in Cologne.
· You will drive a strategic relevant weed management project in Japan.
· In close alignment with the global weed management project leader you will coordinate all agronomy related activities.
· You will translate user and customer requirements into digital features, scale the current weed management algorithm as well as transfer the knowledge to other geographies and cropping systems.
· In addition, you will take part in weed management solution modelling, actively review the performance and further enhance the robustness of the solution over time.
· Last but not least, you will realize the feature implementation in collaboration with the FM Mobile Product Manager and Product Owner.
· PhD or Master in agronomy, biological or environmental science
· professional experience in soybean and rice weed management, especially in Japan/Asia
· experience in developing digital tools, models or decision support systems
· capable of translating biological processes into algorithms as well as experience with drone-based monitoring
· fluent English language skills, ideally also basic Japanese language skills
· Modern working environment with state-of-the-art technologies as well as free fruits and job ticket.
· Onboarding to help you settle in quickly, ensuring you are part of the BASF team from day one.
· Development discussions and programs so that you can reach your full potential.
· Flexible work arrangements so that you can balance your working life and private life.
Do you have any questions about the application process or the position?
Mrs. Claudia Mekelburg (Talent Acquisition) Phone no.: +49 (0)30 2005 59871
Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Please submit copies only and no original documents.
xarvio Digital Farming Solutions powered by BASF is at the forefront of the digital transformation of agriculture optimizing crop production. xarvio offers digital products, based on a global leading crop model platform, which deliver independent field-zone-specific agronomic advice enabling farmers to produce their crops most efficiently and sustainable. The xarvio products SCOUTING, FIELD MANAGER and HEALTHY FIELDS are being used by farmers in more than 100 countries worldwide. Working at BASF Digital Farming GmbH is equally as innovative as our products: we have a global network and work with agile methodologies in a start-up atmosphere. Join our team! Learn more about xarvio at www.xarvio.com or visit any of our social media channels.
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.