Location: Schwarzheide, DE
Company: BASF Schwarzheide GmbH
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: EN57280759_DIGI4_11
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
The Schwarzheide site is located between Berlin, the capital city, and the cultural metropolis of Dresden. Schwarzheide plays a pioneering role within the BASF Group during the digital transformation. We boost innovative drive with new technologies and ways of working.
Join us and help shape the future. Take advantage of this opportunity to join the leading chemical company.
To learn more about BASF Schwarzheide GmbH, please visit http://on.basf.com/Schwarzheide.
What you can expect
Our interdisciplinary digitalisation team drives the digital transformation of one of our largest production sites forward. Modeling of facilities, systems and equipment and portions thereof is one area of focus in our work. We develop hybrid models by combining traditional engineering skills with modern methods drawn from applied mathematics, data science and machine learning, thereby generating efficient solutions for optimized operation of our facilities, systems and equipment.
· Your work will focus on modeling, parameter estimation and model validation based on data on facilities, systems and equipment.
· You will perform exploratory simulation studies in order to develop recommendations for actions to take for the efficient operation of facilities, systems and equipment in cooperation with the operators.
· In the process, you will work on projects with colleagues from various different disciplines on site and with internal and external partners and will drive the digitization of the site forward.
· The areas of focus in your work can be aligned toward your abilities, skills and interests; examples include optimization of processes, supply and value chains, predictive maintenance and expert systems.
What we expect
· We are looking for candidates who enjoy working with data and modeling and already have solid experience.
· You have a degree in process engineering, chemical engineering, energy technology, mechanical engineering or a comparable field, on which you earned excellent marks, and have ideally gone on to earn a doctorate.
· In addition, you are in step with the latest digital trends and enjoy familiarizing yourself with new topics on your own responsibility.
· With your open, enthusiastic personality and results-oriented working style, you contribute to the company’s success, and you communicate proficiently in German and English.
· Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and 'on-the-job' training as part of a committed team.
· Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
· Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.