Job Field: Research & Development
Location: Ludwigshafen, DE
Company: BASF SE
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: EN57589776_ONLE_4
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Ludwigshafen is the world's largest integrated chemical complex and home to BASF Group headquarters. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and leisure time.
Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
What you can expect
Our Solids Formation and Separation unit possesses expertise on issues relating to topics such as chemical precipitation, crystallization, emulsification and solid-liquid separation. It creates innovative process concepts for new processes and existing plants and equipment.
· In these special fields, you develop innovative process concepts for new processes and optimizations of existing plants and evaluate their economic viability.
· Furthermore, you plan the process steps, take over the modeling, simulation and experimental validation and propose new projects as well as optimization possibilities or improved formulations.
· In addition, you will define, initiate, and manage projects and, in the process, clarify not only technical and economic prerequisites, but also matters related to compliance with legal rules and regulations in cooperation with your project team.
· While building a sustainable network with operational units at BASF, you will maintain your network in research and science.
What we expect
· You hold a degree in process or chemical engineering and have ideally gone on to earn a doctorate.
· Furthermore, you have in-depth knowledge in the fields of crystallization, precipitation, emulsification or solid-liquid separation and were able to acquire in-depth knowledge of solid-state process engineering, particle and flow technology.
· You are experienced in handling standard IT applications.
· Beyond that, you have solid business German and English language skills.
· On a personal level, you enjoy adopting new perspectives and drive change forward by acting in a forward-looking and responsible manner.
· Last but not least, you enjoy contributing actively within your team in order to achieve successes together.
· Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and 'on-the-job' training as part of a committed team.
· Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
· Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.