Research & Development
Location: Ludwigshafen, DE
Company: BASF SE
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: EN57867544_ONLE_1
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Ludwigshafen is the world's largest integrated chemical complex and home to BASF Group headquarters. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and leisure time.
Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
What you can expect
Our Distillation unit forms the competence center for all topics having to do with individual distillation columns and complex distillation processes.
· You will develop and work on new separation concepts involving distillation and will evaluate them with respect to their cost-effectiveness.
· During the process, you will model and simulate processes and process steps and will propose new projects and possibilities for optimization in this regard.
· In addition, you will define, initiate, and manage projects and, in the process, clarify not only technical and economic prerequisites, but also matters related to compliance with legal rules and regulations in cooperation with your project team.
· You will build a network with operational units of BASF and scientific as well as research partners.
What we expect
· We look forward to hearing from candidates who enjoy working on complex issues and advance new solutions on their own.
· You have a degree in chemical engineering or process engineering and have ideally gone on to earn a doctorate.
· Additionally, you have advanced knowledge and skills in the area of fluid process engineering, thermal separation and thermodynamics.
· Experience in the area of distillation is a plus.
· We are looking for committed and dedicated candidates who enjoy working as part of a team and drive processes of change.
· Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and 'on-the-job' training as part of a committed team.
· Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
· Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.