Research & Development
Location: Ludwigshafen, DE
Company: BASF SE
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: EN57841350_ONLE_2
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Ludwigshafen is the world's largest integrated chemical complex and home to BASF Group headquarters. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and leisure time.
Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
What you can expect
At our unit Technical Services, we are responsible for serving and supporting the technical centers and labs of the BASF research units in technical and construction-related terms.
· In this position, you will plan and realize research facilities as well as equipment at the pilot and mini plant scale, along with the associated infrastructure, and will maintain these through plant and equipment changes.
· Furthermore, you will provide support during the coordination of construction projects and will develop and optimize methods and processes with a focus on automation and digitization in cooperation with all of the research partners involved.
· Also, you will take cost-effectiveness into account and will keep deadlines, measures and costs in mind.
· Advancing the continuous improvement process by further developing and refining internal methods will also be part of your duties as well as workflows and the interface coordination between technical units, customers and service providers.
· Finally, you will also ensure compliance with laws, regulations and rules, especially those aimed at quality, safety, health and environmental protection.
What we expect
· You have a degree in electrical engineering or automation engineering and are familiar with process control engineering and working on projects.
· By acting responsibly, you reach the company's goals in the long term.
· It is easy for you to identify the needs of customers and partners and to provide them with advice in both German and English.
· You also enjoy developing creative solutions, drive changes forward and view working with others as offering great added value.
· Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and 'on-the-job' training as part of a committed team.
· Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
· Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.