We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Dispenser Service Technician (2000927) – Alabama
Where the Chemistry Happens
Provides overall service necessary for the installation, maintenance, operation and quality control of dispenser equipment to best meet customer needs, requirements and specifications within the corporate safety guidelines. This position will monitor dispenser equipment to ensure that it is operating as expected. Performs routine maintenance and determines when and what kind of maintenance is needed. Troubleshoots and identifies what may be causing an operating error and seeks problem resolution.
Minimum of 2 years field experience/working knowledge of process plumbing and wiring preferred. Electrical and mechanical aptitude required. Candidate should have basic computer skills as well as good communication skills; technical product knowledge; customer insight; professional expertise; be adaptable/responsive to dynamic schedule changes; ability to communicate with all levels of customer plant personnel.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
· Responsible for performing dispenser repair, maintenance, install and recovery
· Responsible for performing advanced dispenser installs like liquid color systems and remote tank level monitoring systems
· Responsible for integration and support of newly acquired accounts
· Responsible for implementing and complying with Company-wide initiatives, policies, guidelines and procedures
· Customer Insight: Creating a long-term dynamic consultative relationship with the customer that builds mutual trust and respect by identifying cause and effect approaches to their key business issues by pro-actively listening, advising, facilitating and responding appropriately, on-time and beyond the “closed sale”.
· Understands the customer’s processes sufficiently to recommend the most appropriate solutions to meet their needs. Is perceived by the customer as a value-added technical resource to help the customer to “uncomplicated the complicated” in order to feel confident utilizing those products and services.
· Professional Expertise: Possessing the expertise, knowledge and strong personal commitment, in an ever growing and competitive marketplace, to analyze, anticipate and then take advantage of BASF Construction Chemicals’ strengths in order to stay always ahead of that real or perceived competition
· Process safety roles and responsibilities across the organization are clearly defined and include an expectation to raise, and authority to respond to process safety concerns. Senior leaders are held accountable for process safety performance. Employees understand the importance of process safety as it applies to their jobs and are responsible for following and contributing to the work processes to achieve improvement in company process safety performance. Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.