At Digitalization & Information Services, we are shaping the digital transformation at BASF. In doing so, we are establishing a stable and secure IT infrastructure and jointly developing innovative digital solutions with the BASF divisions, which make our customers more successful. We are constantly looking for new and promising ideas and technologies in order to be the world's leading digital chemical company.
BASF leads the digital transformation in chemicals. We create exciting customer experiences by using digital technologies to grow and to lead the race for efficiency.
As Data Scientist Corporate Finance within our unit Global Finance Transformation you will take an active part in digitalization activities.
· You will develop Decision (-Support) Systems working with statistics, operations research and big data techniques.
· You will ensure a compliant and effective operation of our systems.
· In addition, you will pursue active management of our IT data architecture (system interfaces, storage solutions etc.).
· You will strive for self-service solutions decreasing hurdles for data usage within the organization.
· You will support the organization in identifying digitalization potentials and propose as well as manage the digital aspects of IT projects.
· You hold a master's degree in Business Informatics, Industrial Engineering or Business, ideally with quantitative focus.
· You have good practical or academic know how in at least on discipline: Data Engineering (data base modeling, interface programing etc.), Statistics, Operations Research or Artificial Intelligence.
· You have a great command of German and English language and familiarize yourself quickly with new subjects and tasks.
· You are a very self-driven person, strong in communicating to end-users and have hands-on personality.
· A secure work environment because your health, safety and wellbeing is always our top priority.
· Flexible work arrangements so that you can balance your working life and private life.
· This role can be performed either part-time or full-time.
Ludwigshafen is the world's largest integrated chemical complex and home to BASF Group headquarters. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and leisure time.
Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.