Agriculture plays a fundamental role in fulfilling many of humanity's basic needs: food, feed, energy. To support growers and those who take care of our environment, BASF develops innovative solutions for farming, pest control and landscape management - so that we can effectively contribute to improving people's lives and business' demands. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for sustainable agriculture at the Innovation Center of BASF Belgium Coordination Center in Gent, Belgium.
You are developing and applying innovative methods for the mining of biological datasets.
What you can expect:
· You develop and apply innovative deep learning-, graph-based and computational biology methods for the identification of patterns in biological datasets, and for the support of predictive breeding programs and of comparative genomics analyses.
· You interact with domain experts, and develop data analysis proposals.
· You work closely with data management, development and R&D project teams and are part of BASF´s Digitalization of R&D community.
· You further develop your expertise to stay on top of state-of-the-art methodologies.
· Preferably, you have a PhD´s degree in bioinformatics, computational biology, data science or similar, with minimum 3 years of experience.
· You have expertise in deep learning methods and biostatistics, and in their application in the analysis of biological data using computational biology methods.
· You are knowledgeable about plant genomics and comparative genomics.
· You have experience in the development of data analysis workflows and scripts.
· Knowledge of Python and R is a plus.
· You are creative and strive for achievement.
· You thrive in an international R&D environment, collaborating in diverse teams.
· You are fluent in English, both written and spoken.
· Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
· Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance.
Not only your performance but also your personality matters to us, without regard of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Do you have any questions about the application process or the job?
Nele (Talent acquisition)
Phone: +49 30 2005-58363
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.