We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
BASF Shared Services Center Kuala Lumpur (BSSCKL), was established in 2005 providing functional services in Finance, Controlling, Information Services, Human Resources, Environment, Health & Safety, Procurement and Import Export Order Management Services to BASF companies in Asia Pacific region. This center is part of BASF Global Shared Services Organization (GSSO) network, with three other sites in Berlin and Ludwigshafen in Germany and in Montevideo, Uruguay, that cover Europe and the Americas.
As the GSSO embarks on a journey of digitalization and innovation, this position aims at supporting the Technology Unit to:
· Drive digitalization and innovation to achieve excellence, and optimal systems/tools/processes for service delivery and management of the organization within and beyond GSSO.
· Based on the project or initiative assigned, the role requires leading, influencing and guiding team members in the functions to achieve the desired business results for the assigned project.
Digitalization / Innovation
· Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
· Mine and analyze data from company databases into meaningful analytics combining commercial and technical understanding.
· Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
· Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data.
· Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms.
· Able to articulate well in advance analytics, data science related topics and the lifecycle.
· Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
· This role will require working collaboratively with multiple functions in the organization within GSSO and beyond.
· Work with or lead functional teams, relevant BASF organization or external vendors to rollout digitalization and innovative solutions, to enhance operational excellence and service quality.
Compliance and Quality Management
· Ensure that all activities carried out by the functional teams are in compliance with relevant policies, processes and procedures to achieve excellent and consistent quality of work results.
· Ensure that strict adherence to policies, processes and procedures.
§ Minimum qualification of a Bachelor’s Degree or higher
§ Minimum 3 years’ related working experience
§ Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on data Mining.
§ Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets. SQL Language e.g MSSQL.
§ Exposure to advance data analytic tools such as KNIME or Alteryx.
§ Excellent business communication, presentation and writing skills in English
§ Must be able to work with minimal supervision, and able to lead and motivate team members
§ Must be a team player and able to work with others.
§ Good to have: Azure Cloud and distributed data/computing tools such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.